Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get out for a swing for several weeks. Been busy with work and xmas etc. Had to start my 2015 account so I went for ten minutes to my favorite tot lot on my way to work tonight.

So these are my first finds for the year.

Last year's finds.... https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8446

My videos: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=164965#p164965

1421585786_2015firstfinds.jpg

Managed a quick swing after work last night. Nothing exciting. Doesn't the wet ground make those coppers sing. Reckon I could leave the detector in the car and they would just jump in my pouch. A couple of the 1 cent pieces where very shallow. Just in the roots of the lawn. Less than a metre away the $1 was a good 6 inches down. Go figure. Another lump of lead as well.

1421974256_20150123_114159_copy.jpg

1421974256_20150123_114209_copy.jpg

Slightly deeper than I will usually dig mate, probably about 10-15cm on a $2 depending on orientation in the ground. Some targets it seems to get quite deep though I generally leave anything deeper than pinpointer depth.

I work pretty fast generally just skimming the surface with it.

How about the AT Pro? I've heard they get quite good depth, what depth do you reckon it would reliably get a $2 coin?

I have dug a couple of targets at about 8 inches. One I was sure was a silver but it was a tint triangle of aliuminium. I was amazed and pleased that the At Pro could pick it up. I was at the beach with Sandta one day and he got a $2 very deep. Maybe 12 inches. My pro couldn't detect it. Not good in the salt water.

A frustrating night hunt. Nothing much but bbs. At least I know if I'm finding these little buggers I will find any silvers if I walk over them. Plus I saw moisture in the screen of my detector. After I gave it a quick hose down I noticed the face plate has warped a little creating a small gap. Wish I had seen it before I hosed it :mad: 8.( Not sure what to do about it. Guess I will send an email to Garrett and see what they say. Oh on the left of the pic is a button.

1422058802_230115_copy.jpg

Reading up on some of the US forums about the issue, the faceplate is apparently replaceable with a self installation kit from Garrett. The electronics may actually still be sealed, with just some moisture under the faceplate vs existing in the internal electronics. It may be the case that the 3M tape holding the face plate is coming adrift around the centre sections vs warping from heat - just a thought anyway.

Maybe give Phil from the Gold Mining Centre in Adelaide a bell, and pick his brains on the issue, might be a cheap fix if a new faceplate can be owner installed. :)

Thanks Mackka. Used to repair CB radios myself so I know the spray you mean. I'll talk to Garrett before I do anything drastic. Unfortunately being a long weekend I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Latest posts