You know you got the fever when ...........

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
Thought this might be good for a laugh and might help some of the newbies (and those in denial ! ) spot the symptoms :p

You know you got the fever when....
Your missus sends you to buy some plants and you come home with extra ones that were not on the list and when she asks why you got them you say "Because they are called " Pirate Gold " She walks off muttering that you are obsessed with gold ! :cool:

Good one Mystic59. do they have Gold Leaf 's ? ha . a little story here too , recently spent a few days with my brother learning to detect in the GT with Mark and Rhonda " GOLD PROSPECTING AUST " highly recomended !! . using the GPX 5000 , anyhow after realising he has no commitments of sorts he just brought a 4wd deisel , an off road camper trailer , a GPX 5000 ,booked himself on the Spirit Of Tas and is heading to the GT for 5 weeks detecting followed up with a tag along tour West in may 2014. Now i reckon he might have THE BUG ! I got it too !but kids family and work keep me grounded like most of us . Lucky B@##sd . I am sure he will be heading your way eventually , Spinifex wont bother him eh.

Yep, lucky bugger.
No obsession here, 2 pumps, 2 sluices & considering a 3rd, looking at a 5000 and I have recovered nearly 3 grams. :rolleyes: