yarraman nanango fields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any highbank tips or spots to start in the seven mile nanango area?;)

also anyone need tips on cairns for gold have a few nice nuggets from close to town like 2oz a day average all chunks and only 30 min from town . Also good tips for nsw and engineering + angles for catching every spec with your high banker. more than happy to share info and tips from 25 years worth of hardcore prospecting.im tired time to share.

G'day mate, I'm a 7 mile regular although I haven't been down there for a few months. I don't know what the water situation is like, probably low. The bottom of the range would be a good spot to start but there a lot of large rock. The top end of the field is also good, a lot of sand and rock. There's the shell of an old bus there, just down from it is exposed bedrock, good for creviceing.

Nuggets that were supposingly found there.
1405907690_1_003.jpg

Gold I found from a couple hours digging on my last run.
1405907801_7_mile_9th.jpg

Gold Fin ...
G'day and welcome aboard, sounds like you have some experiences that many of the users on this forum will be anxious to read about, feel free to browse the many topics and contribute at your leisure.

Peter./

thanks axeman /peter did a test run down from the bus the gold is down 2 foot under the sand through the clay layers then again through the sand layers . o.oo7 of an ounce per pan yesterday around an ounce a day with the box so im off on Thursday for a stint with the missus. ill post some pics Friday.
happy digging:D

got 5 oz last week ,up north near cairns if any one needs a good spot let me know ill email a map to you .Big chunky gold good detector country .I used a high banker . only did 4,5 hours a day max.Should call my self cheesy gold instead of goldfin but there was nothing cheesy about it just good gold country.

The sand can be deep in places. the area Peter is digging in is where an old prospector who actually lived in that old bus was digging for rubies (red sapphire). I've done a fair bit of digging back up towards the head of that creek and found ok gold. I'll be down there Saturday for a bit of a dig.
:) Mick

Latest posts