Yambulla NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around the Yambulla chase crevices or dig until you hit grey decaying grey bedrock that bleeds red (you will know it when you see it) Gold there I describe as "white sugar" in texture.
Plenty of info in archives here or DIGS and trove.
Great forest down there, enjoy.

Thanks Gimp. What a great community I've found here. Everyone so forth coming with their hard earned info. When I learn more I looked forward to giving a little instead of just taking. :D

Cheers Shane.

Tathradj,

I'm free until after lunch. Message me if you have time to catch up.
Cheers Shane.

Wiildo.
Just having the mornings cuppa to start the day. :)
You can come down as soon as you want.
Jugs hot. :) :)

That it was. Still trying to digest the all the info. Thanks for your time.

Cheers Shane.

Abdiver said:
I'm not usually this up front but bugger it. :argh: So Goldierocks, where would be your pick of river systems, within an hour or so from Tathra that I should check out?

Just home from an exploratory trip to yambulla. Spent most of the day driving and walking tracks and creeks to get a better feel for the place. Found the old mines and stampers which was interesting.

Tathradj, you said to try higher in Scrubby creek, is the theory behind that to get closer to the source in the hope of finding bigger pieces? Did a couple of pans from higher in the creek and did get slightly better results so thanks for that. If you are ever heading down there for a day and would like some company, I would love to come along and pick your brain.

Cheers Shane.
Don't know which are permitted and which not - so much is restricted. Quite a few areas have sulphide-locked fine gold, but there are some coarse examples (e.g. I rememeber Nerrigundah as one, but that is further). Likewise around Bega (in a very limited area).

Hi Abdiver welcome aboard. Great bunch of blokes and gals on here full of info.
Not just about gold too! Plenty of diversely talented people on this site.
Oh and I might come down over Chrissy for a swing see if we can get Tarth to come as I owe him a beer for saving my shelter at the last Hill End meet up. :D
Skip

The Bible
1571631273_img_20191021_151236.jpg

Hi Skip,

I'm learning quickly about the great community on here. A catch up over Christmas sounds great. Keep in touch.

Thanks for that Gimp. I'm a bit old school and would rather look at paper maps than electronic ones.

Cheers Shane.

I'm going to put some of my learning into practice tomorrow. Early start heading for Nerrigundah. Looking forward to a day in the bush. Finding gold will just be a bonus.

Yambulla is productive but only working the creeks.

You also need to consider trees often falling across the roads blocking access.

Otherwise it is a nice drive.

Forestry knocks the hell out the place when they harvest. It's like a WWI landscape.

Hi guys,

Is there anything detectable out at Yambulla that the GM1000 might find? Or is it all flour gold out there?

Still yet to find a single spec of gold with the detector down here on the far south coast.

Many thanks in advance :D

Latest posts