Yak fishing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My lovely lady bought me a 2nd hand fishing Kayak. I haven't done much fishing in years but since I got my new pup, I have been down at the river most days. Seeing others fishing got me interested again. I have never fished for bass so thought I would give it a go. Only been out twice on the kayak but have 3 small bass and one monster. See video. :D

1540678484_20181011_094341.jpg

TJ supervising.
1540678418_20181024_105227.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/uTN-kAKdHQI[/video]

A great setup on the kayak and an awesome fish.You beat my PB Bass by 1cm,I have a couple of kayaks,a Hobie Revolution and a Dagger Voyager.I haven't had either of them on the water in a couple of years ( can't stop thinking about prospecting)you may just have inspired me to get them out and hit my favourite bass spot for a fish this summer.Does anyone else on here kayak fish?
Here is my PB Bass.
1540685943_image.jpg

Eldorado said:
A great setup on the kayak and an awesome fish.You beat my PB Bass by 1cm,I have a couple of kayaks,a Hobie Revolution and a Dagger Voyager.I haven't had either of them on the water in a couple of years ( can't stop thinking about prospecting)you may just have inspired me to get them out and hit my favourite bass spot for a fish this summer.Does anyone else on here kayak fish?
Here is my PB Bass.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1540685943_image.jpg

Nice fish. :D I am already thinking about what I want in my next yak. LOL My interest in fishing has been re booted. I love the idea of a kayak and bass in skinny water. Much less hassle than getting another boat. ;)

Nice Yak RJ :Y: can I borrow your Mrs just for a quick shopping trip :p. Great fish it sure is good fun fishing from a yak.

Yep I am a keen Kayak fisher.
Always have a few bets, take the radio and book.

We have a great inlet creek at Patonga on Central Coast.
Flathead and bream 1000's of em
Get the odd Jew which is a greaty challenge in the yak.

Ripper catch mate!
The "Tinoo" ( light alloy punt) by bluefin boats is shortly to be re-released again.
3m + 3.6m x 800 or 1100mm birth.
The 3.6m x 800mm is a great car topper. And giving you much more access to creeks etc.
$1650 >$1850 ball park cost

I have a Hobie tandem Island for ocean fishing and a Hobie outback for the creeks here in the Cairns inlet, while they are really good kayaks I'm having problems with sun damage.

The Tandem seems to get heavier the older I get but is great for disappearing on lake Tinaroo for a week or so, it can carry over 250 kg which means esky, swag, bbq plate and dog can be carried.

Ramjet said:
Magilla said:
Nice fish RJ, maybe a decent landing net for Christmas. :playful:

Yes I went cheap on the net. I know better now. Get a new one next time I go to the tackle shop.
Get yourself an Environet,they are great.No big holes to get tangled in your gear and they don't damage the fish so perfect for catch and release.