yabby pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all just one quick question about yabby pumps. can u use them in queensland as I class them as a hand tool not a mechanical. have looked on the net and cant find the answer

thank richard

Another case of one of those "grey" areas that are all too common in this hobby, I believe...wording in some guidelines indicates "simple" hand tools such as pick and shovel. i.e. no moving parts; though in most common people's eyes, a yabby pump is pretty simple as well. Most likely will depend on the person enforcing the regulations, and whether he had a blue with his missus before heading out for the day or not.

the Yabba pump is classified as hydraulic as it pumps water which is a definition of hydraulic. So if your state has any laws against the use of hydraulic equipment then it can be banned under that classification.
Most people don't worry to much about fine definition as most people of any authority often don't care as long as you aren't doing any damage to environment.

soo does a shovel/pick become mechanical as soon as I pick it up. wish the rules were easy to understand

Latest posts