Xp deus on special - limited stock

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

If anyone is interested in buying an xp deus these are
On special. Normally these are $2000 each.

Limited stock

https://www.prospectorspatch.com.au...m=email&utm_campaign=Deus+fathers+Day+Special

The best feature this machine has besides being wireless is
The reactivity switch. Its Amazing technology.

Basically the higher you set the reactivity it will start to
Lose depth but will give you 2 clear tones if a coin is
Sitting right next to iron unlike many other machines
Both targets being discriminated out. The 2 setting is
A good choice and not much depth is lost.

Hope this helps.

Heatho said:
That's a great price, I'm quite tempted. Thanks Wolf.

Its a bargain.

I follow a group of pro hunters in the usa who know
The meaning of unmasking in iron. There is huge
wraps for The 3.2 program in orange mineralised
soils.

Until I test one i won't know any better.

But with what i have read and seen i think this is the
best Machine for finding the goodies right next to iron.
Happy to add a youtube video showing a few high
end Machines miss a coin sitting below a nail.

Wolfau said:
I follow a group of pro hunters in the usa who know
The meaning of unmasking in iron. There is huge
wraps for The 3.2 program in orange mineralised
soils.

Just keep in mind if you are considering the Deus, or any VLF, for Goldfields primarily that any USA tests may not produce similar results here.
This was in reply to an Australian operator using the DF coil & having issues in Australian conditions. Obviously this was with a PI so differences would no doubt be encountered with a VLF machine also I reckon.
Reg (Treasurenet) said:
From what Eric Foster has posted in the past about the ironstone and the associated bad ground, the simple explanation would be the ironstone and generally the associated ground has an intensity many times stronger that our worst ground.
I had read this info elsewhere also but can't find it now but from memory Eric's testing showed our ground to be several times worse than the worst US conditions. This is why you really need results from this side of the pond.
It has been shown that the Deus can & will find gold in Australia but I've also seen reports of it not handling conditions on Goldfields here also? It has some great features no doubt & would be a great all round detector but for primarily Goldfield detecting there are probably better ground handling options available albeit with less/no discriminating abilities + less other features.

Wolfau said:
Happy to add a youtube video showing a few high
end Machines miss a coin sitting below a nail.
This would be no surprise. Detectors can't "see through" the junk & if a nugget or coin is sitting deeper under a nail or aluminium can or any other junk it will most likely not be seen. People confuse "iron discrimination" with "iron see through". Sure you may pick up something near iron with a fast recovery machine or multi frequency is probably better again but I don't see how the Deus being single frequency would discriminate any better?
I seen this test somewhere: to test "see through" abilities get 3 bits of iron junk & get someone to place a coin under one so you don't know which one. See if you/your machine can tell you were the coin is.

There is ongoing software developments with the Deus.

The v3.2 program is a big upgrade and has hot rock type notching features.

For a full feature list and more info about the notching ability see below in section 3.

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-deus-version-3-features

mbasko said:
Sure you may pick up something near iron with a fast recovery machine or multi frequency is probably better again but I don't see how the Deus being single frequency would discriminate any better?

Youtube --> xp deus iron below target and see for yourself.

Have read the features etc. & well aware of upgrade ability. Was interested in one but reports put me off. Now I'm not interested in VLF's in general for gold or doing any coin detecting so the Deus, while having good features etc., isn't for me.

Sorry I just don't trust youtube fluff.

I think in clay like areas a vlf will work just fine.

Thought I would add these below to anyone interested..

xp-deus-3.0-feature-tab-new-feature-1.jpg

xp-deus-3.0-feature-tab-new-feature-3.png

Yeah I've used a couple of VLF's on goldfields & also posted some nugget finds with the GMT on here but they are restricted to where you can use them or use them well anyway. There's a few spots around here they just weren't worth the effort - far too noisy especially when your trying to listen for the small shallow stuff. They do have a place though & can reward those that persevere + target compatible area's.
Target separation (not see thru ability) like the diagrams above can be achieved with a cheaper priced VLF than the Deus too.

mbasko said:
Target separation (not see thru ability) like the diagrams above can be achieved with a cheaper priced VLF than the Deus too.

Which cheaper machines can separate a coin right next to iron and block out the iron and give you the right signal?

Your not a fan of the DEUS thats ok that's your call. I have tested a few machines for this purpose and it is very difficult.

You have the discriminator and auto tracking and by the time you sweep the coil over the signal is gone.

Be great for beaches or parks but I wouldn't use it the goldfields either. I think a CTX might be better for what I need in a beach detector though.

how would you compare the V3I to this deus detector recovery wise? im keen to see what you have been able to unearth with it since you have bought it and see it live up to the expectations

i understand what mbasco is saying in that no detector can see through iron to what is laying underneath, but if the target is poking out enough that a detector with fast recovery can pick it up.

also the picture above is showing the sweep only going in 1 direction, im sure it would have the problems going in the other direction.

i found the Xterra 705 has very fast recovery for what i paid for

Wolfau said:
mbasko said:

Which cheaper machines can separate a coin right next to iron and block out the iron and give you the right signal?

Your not a fan of the DEUS thats ok that's your call. I have tested a few machines for this purpose and it is very difficult.

You have the discriminator and auto tracking and by the time you sweep the coil over the signal is gone.
You do a lot of testing. Have you tested the Deus here with in situ targets?
It's not that I'm not a fan of the Deus, I do like its features, I'm not a fan of it for gold detecting purposes.
Heres a video, I know you like them, of a Whites SST set up to seperate nails from a gold nugget in a test situation (not in situ).

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/qxF6N9XVQb8[/video]

There are many that claim good target separation - not sure about completely blocking out the iron though.

I posted this link up to help someone that was interested in buying one not to try to sell one to anyone that had no interest in one

nor to debate it's capability. Anyway here is a youtube video of what I was getting at.

Feel free to do this test at home..

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWenrozQ58o[/video]

With the video above if your in white clay areas and its full of iron don't you think the discrimination on
the DEUS helps? I can think of a good spot near Castlemaine to test this.

And here is one another test in orange dirt..

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCXRzDIa2c[/video]

Sa_bogan said:
how would you compare the V3I to this deus detector recovery wise? im keen to see what you have been able to unearth with it since you have bought it and see it live up to the expectations

i understand what mbasco is saying in that no detector can see through iron to what is laying underneath, but if the target is poking out enough that a detector with fast recovery can pick it up.

also the picture above is showing the sweep only going in 1 direction, im sure it would have the problems going in the other direction.

i found the Xterra 705 has very fast recovery for what i paid for

The image above is only a diagram. I follow another forum
And in the USA the deus is one of the most popular detectors
For the reasons I stated.

I have 2 areas high in iron. I know theres stuff there. I
Heard 3 good targets but they dissappear as you swing
Over the target.

Its not About speed or depth alone but a matter of
unmasking the goodies That sit right next to the iron.

The v3i is a great machine but needs time to learn.
Everything on it is just about customisable. It will
Make a brilliant silver coin hunting detector because
It runs on 3 frequency. Our $1 and $2 coins along
With the silver are hit hard in the 2.5khz bar. So
You just dig these targets and you will only find
These coins going by the graph or something similiar
Like a deep bolt nut or the odd deep padlock. Pull
Tabs and screwcaps fall under a different frequency.

The v3i teamed up with the DEUS could be a very good
Combo though time will tell.

I have a DEUS Arriving soon and will test it in these
areas iron infested aread.

After this I will revisit a ghost town with the DEUS
because The area is littered with iron in a town that
once had Thousands of people.

Wolfau said:
mbasko said:

g'day
the teknetics t2 can separate iron and gold and is cheap, but is a vlf so is pretty crap to use in our hot ground in vic just like most other vlf machines.
regards tm

Wolfau said:
The T2 is in the example of the first video above i posted.

sorry wolfy, i did not bother watching the vids as I lost interest in the dues along time ago. I just thought you were asking for suggestions of a cheaper machine that could separate targets that's all.
regards trashy

Just wondering if you have tried the XP Deus in WA goldfields and how it went. Did you have to tweek the settings as ground is so mineralised. I have an Xp Deus myself and would appreciate any advise on settings etc. Am still learning with it, so far very impressed with machine. Also wondering how often you are supposed to upgrade software for this detector?

Goldie

Latest posts