WS4 issues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Looks like I've had my first issue crop up with the Deus, went to turn on the WS4 backphones and they appeared to be dead flat (should have had a charge in them). When I got home they were put on charge for an hour, and upon disconnecting them, all the screen icons just continually flash off and on and the buttons do not respond.

I have sent a query off to XP to find the cause of this issue, and will update on any progress.

Meanwhile I have been using the waterproof inner ear headphones from the underwater kit, and just plug them into the stem remote. These headphones also have an inline volume control.

If the issue is battery related, the lithium pack is pretty cheap and easy to replace, though should actually have a life expectancy of 3 years. The remote, backphones and coil all utilise the same lithium battery pack.

Just waiting for the French to get out of bed! :)

The computer says no!
1458020515_img_20160315_161818.jpg

Hopefully its just a battery, and they get you sorted quickly :) Its amazing that the coil uses the same battery as they remote, and headphones.

It might be just a case of removing the battery to reset the headphone remote, no biggy, bit of an inconvenience but can still detect with the Deus just fine. It would be a different case if you were running with the Lite package with no main remote control box.

These are the waterproof headphones that are included in the underwater pack (more like bud earphones. ):

1458030447_img_20160315_190220.jpg

When I bought mine 7 months ago, there wasn't really a reliable dealer in Oz, so I ended doubling up on a few things like coil charger clips, coil bolts/washers etc. I should really invest in a spare lithium pack, they are only around $60, might be good insurance for down the track.

Also one of the first things I did when the Deus was first purchssed, was to buy some clear screen protectors and cut them to size for the remote screen and headphone controller. Cheaper than replacing the screen covers. ;)

Just got off the phone with Clegy, and unless XP can come up with any quick fixes tomorrow, the WS4 will be replaced under warranty with a new pair from Oz stock.

Clegy was great to deal with, and I really appreciate the prompt response from both Clegy and XP. Will keep you posted on the progress. :)

Update: XP have asked me to fully charge the coil, remote and WS4, and reload the latest software. Will let you know whether it resolves the issue. :)

After fully charging everything, I went to XP's update page and downloaded the v3.2 software which only took about 5 mins, and the WS4 is all back in working order again. So for future reference, if you have any issues with the coil, remote or headphones, try reloading the software as the first port of call. All too easy! ;)

Forgot to mention, the only downside I found to this fix is that it will reset everything to default settings, so that means loss of any custom programs you have on the Deus. Usually doesn't take long to set them up again, so no huge deal. :)

Can you download the settings onto a computer GP? I backed all of mine up into Minelab's Exchange2 software from the CTX in case I have to do a factory reset.

Glad the re-install worked, that's great news.

Heatho said:
Can you download the settings onto a computer GP? I backed all of mine up into Minelab's Exchange2 software from the CTX in case I have to do a factory reset.

I have the CTX3030 code backed up as well :) as the programs.

Very handy to be able to do a burn for software and or coding updates. just like a BIOS.

Shame more do not do it.

AngerManagement said:
Heatho said:

I have the CTX3030 code backed up as well :) as the programs.

Very handy to be able to do a burn for software and or coding updates. just like a BIOS.

Shame more do not do it.

I don't believe you can back it up with the Deus. Maybe in a future upgrade as it would be great to save your programs or adjust them on a pc then upload to the remote controller.

Latest posts