Would you keep digging? (Gpx5000 video)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whether it is a target or noise, I think that signal belongs to the tree. Unless the tree is dead, or it is on your own property.

Would be silly to destroy a tree only to find it was nothing but noise from the tree roots themselves.

Better yet, go there with a good VLF as well. The strength of the signal should easily be repeated on a VLF, that might help to discern it.

1512268478_img_3175.jpg

The fruits of my lobour ladies and gents. Price of iron.
Even though I still feel good about not leaving it, so I came home empty handed but was an exceptional learning experience. Now to tee up a good learning day with someone with a gpx 5000 so I can build a more refined technique and learn the settings a little better.

No gold but all in all an amazing weekend away!

Thanks again for all the input guys, much appreciated.

Cheers,
James.

Hi James, I built my first PI around 1976. Found a huge signal under a very old gum tree on a river bank. Thought nothing could be buried under such an old tree, but it was an old rusted pick head in very tough gravels.
PS: my elder brother then went face down into the river with the detector, so I gave up detecting for a bit.

76!! You've been around the traps now BigWave! Would of found you're self in many a different situations. Once I've gone out a few now times I'd love to pick you're brain about soil conditions and the different landscapes of goldfields if you wouldn't mind?

hAyyoUinAU said:
Whether it is a target or noise, I think that signal belongs to the tree. Unless the tree is dead, or it is on your own property.

Would be silly to destroy a tree only to find it was nothing but noise from the tree roots themselves.

I'm in the same boat as you mate, I didn't want to upset the tree and destroy any roots so went in slowly and carefully. Managed to work my way around them quite successfully, even though it put a lot more time and effort on the dig but that's just me, I'm a bit of a weird sorta bloke haha.

Cheers mate.

UncleNicho said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11497/1512268478_img_3175.jpg

The fruits of my lobour ladies and gents. Price of iron.
Even though I still feel good about not leaving it, so I came home empty handed but was an exceptional learning experience. Now to tee up a good learning day with someone with a gpx 5000 so I can build a more refined technique and learn the settings a little better.

No gold but all in all an amazing weekend away!

Thanks again for all the input guys, much appreciated.

Cheers,
James.

James at lest you answered your own question. It was a genuine signal and therefore it was a "must dig".

Latest posts