Would Australian's feel safer without Social Media Networks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dis like very much thats why i will never get FB, i've seen it ruin a few lives now :mad: , even the forum gets a bit funky sometimes :rolleyes:

As with all things, moderation is the answer. You need to actively monitor how much time you spend online and balance that with other activities.

Unfortunately technology is moving so fast that socially, we struggle to keep pace with it.

I agree with the moderation thing, however we now know that there are things and people who will never be "moderate" and their "extreme" desire to inflict their ideals on us all needs to be stamped out, err! moderately of course........

God forbid if we post a photo of our family and, let's say one of the girls is a bit thin, if the thin police get hold of it, then we would have an execution by social media zelots

Seriously, there are several thing banned in this household - facebook - twitter - instagram - Justin Beiber and others with c@ck head tendencies.

Cheers

Bazz

Its the fact that social media tells us both sides ( check other links) whereas main stream media usually has its own agenda on what they want you to hear and believe ! So I suppose yes most ppl would feel safer not knowing the real truth .

Can our psyche handle it? All we get are versions of the truth anyway. Let our govts, security agencies deal with it.

Like the Sydny terrorist attack? All day the mainstream media were at odds with what was really going on ! Social media had a better finger on what was going on till the professionals started to look silly then the security services cracked down on individual reporting! IMO we let those agency's tell us too much b/s . Demand scrutiny think critically!

Tater said:
Its the fact that social media tells us both sides ( check other links) whereas main stream media usually has its own agenda on what they want you to hear and believe ! So I suppose yes most ppl would feel safer not knowing the real truth .
Not sure i agree with you that we get both sides of the 'truth' from 'social' media Tater.
Just as i'm not keen on relying solely on our mainstream media because of their need to 'pay' the rent to their owners. I also don't necessarily trust people running their own private agendas via social media where there is even less accountability imo.
I don't necessarily feel safer with there being so called 'checks and balances' due to the proliferation of free social media outlets, i just feel the people who feed off and get their facts of farce book etc are often allowing themselves to be led by very clever manipulators.

I suppose our world is instant and sometimes extreme, my concern is that social media has no filter, the govt agencies sometimes do not reveal all and sundry for very good reasons, so that the tactical information does no get in the hands of the bad guys - ie Sydney

Social media however goes "BLURT" and everyone gets the info, not a good look for the good guys

So there is the dilemma!!!!

Social media is not a panacea!!! it's use by some people makes it look like a cancer!!!

Bazz

Here my thoughts it would maybe possible to have a happy medium as we still have mobiles that can be used to interact with family and friends so really I don't feel there is a sense of need when it comes to major social networking platforms so if you filtered out those free for all networks such as FB, YT, IG, TW, SC and so on you would pretty much be left with Hobby Forums which is a community that all share a common interest what ever it be therefore leaving it very hard to for them (the sly ones) to infiltrate as everyone can see what's going on , just like UserSk as an example we all seen that coming and even though he was pm everyone it was openly talked about in a thread and all was sorted, whereas FB and the like you are still in some way a lonely sole trying to fit in somewhere that often leaves a person felling unsuccessful and inadequate therefore leaving them vulnerable ....

Just like many on this great forum would know, the person who 'screams' the loudest often gets the most attention and many people are apathetic when it comes to calling out bad behaviour on here or elsewhere for fear of stirring the pot and getting abused. But at least in a close knit, generally friendly forum like this, if somebody is talking shite or abusing others, the majority will call them out and not put up with it.
From what i've seen on farcebook etc, that's not the case, it's often the abusive, radical and out there statements and elements that get the oxygen and are allowed to flourish because they make 'good' reading. And this is often at the expense of the 'whole truth' from what i've seen.
Social media seems to throw up outlandish statements and they are believed because many of those reading the posts couldn't give a fig about finding out if something said is the truth because they just want their next social 'fix' and to be accepted. Unfortunately, mainstream media being lazy often also feed off this tripe and report it as fact which just legitimizes the bullshite more.
At least the mainstream media can be held accountable (not often enough though imo) and thinking people understand there is likely bias one way or the other with these outlets, and most also realise there is generally three sides to a story, the left, the right and usually the truth somewhere in the middle.

Facebook we don't use , I can't see the relevance of dragging up people from years by gone , the government push a agender threw these systems now , they even pay people to Harras people online that challenge their ideology , I can't be bothered braking it down as not many people get it , they are blanketed from the real mechanisms of the trickery

Facebook Twitter, lying sack of shit journalist that thrive on crap just to make money, all needs to be rid of, as long as someone can
Manipulate a story or post junk that everyone can see our world is stuffed. Bring back the simple life i wish I lived in the 70s as said above lol.

We are told not to laugh at kids being naughty, ignore bully's , but we feed journalist by allowing them to give a half true story that they have twisted to make it better, terrorist feed off this need for drama. Ban it all I says lol.

My little rant

Latest posts