Winter is on its way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This past week I have had 80mph winds, Rain that travels sideways, Then 17*c and This morning I walk up the shop at 8:30 am and it was 3*c and raining and now they say we might get Snow.
I don't mind either type of weather but over here you can get all 4 seasons in a day, I don't mind the Cold coz I have got Arctic Parkas and boots etc which are good for -100*c/-148*f, But ya get ready to go out and by the time I get out the building the weather has changed so ya go back in and change again and off ya go again and guess what,,, Yep it's changed again LOL, I have never owned so many coats in all my life, Back home my Drizabone was all I needed.

Geeze I miss a Sun Burnt Country, lol

john

Ridge Runner said:
This past week I have had 80mph winds, Rain that travels sideways, Then 17*c and This morning I walk up the shop at 8:30 am and it was 3*c and raining and now they say we might get Snow.
I don't mind either type of weather but over here you can get all 4 seasons in a day, I don't mind the Cold coz I have got Arctic Parkas and boots etc which are good for -100*c/-148*f, But ya get ready to go out and by the time I get out the building the weather has changed so ya go back in and change again and off ya go again and guess what,,, Yep it's changed again LOL, I have never owned so many coats in all my life, Back home my Drizabone was all I needed.

john
Don't forget the hand knitted, hand spun, sheep's wool clothing under the dry as a bone.
I miss it too.

Jay44 said:
Yup well bot much to tell over here apart from it's stinking hot!

Yeah they make me laugh over here when they say it hot and I am wearing a T shirt with a check shirt on top and jeans etc. It was -21*c here a couple of years back,, that was chilli :eek:
Cold enough to freeze a Ducks Quack :D :D :D

Parks said:
Ridge Runner said:

john
Don't forget the hand knitted, hand spun, sheep's wool clothing under the dry as a bone.
I miss it too.

Where abouts are you ?? I'm back in the Old Country,lol

Yeh, know what your sayin. I'm in Vic now. The whole of Oz is having a very dry time. Good for mining gold deposits in deep leads though.

My suggestion is; Don't paddle against a stream that you cant control. Try and use it to your advantage and just flow with the stream. Just my thoughts.

I wish I was there, If I have Christmas dinner on the Beach here with this wind it will end up in France before I get to chew the first lump, :mad: :mad:

Ridge Runner said:
I wish I was there, If I have Christmas dinner on the Beach here with this wind it will end up in France before I get to chew the first lump, :mad: :mad:

Gday John,
You've just described an average Ballarat winters day :D
I love it ;)
Cheers Steve

stoyve said:
Ridge Runner said:

Gday John,
You've just described an average Ballarat winters day :D
I love it ;)
Cheers Steve

Great fun ain't it, I don't know from one day to the next whether I need Budgie Smugglers or me Arctic gear :D :D :D

Gday RR,... sunny southy east queensland is just beautiful this morning,.... freshness in the air after all those recent rains,... everything coastal is as green as ireland in summer and the temperature is that just nice temperature that we get before christmas, with the middle of the day sun being a bit hot on your back and neck,....perfect weather. :D

silver said:
Gday RR,... sunny southy east queensland is just beautiful this morning,.... freshness in the air after all those recent rains,... everything coastal is as green as ireland in summer and the temperature is that just nice temperature that we get before christmas, with the middle of the day sun being a bit hot on your back and neck,....perfect weather. :D

Oh Man, I can see it now, The sun and blue as I drive up the Dulong Range taking the obi obi and the back way to Kenilworth,

Ya know at Dulong Look out I once managed to speak to someone on a Normal AM CB In Broken Hill, Not bad for a 4 watt rig with a Gutter mounted ariel, Aye.

I remember the days when the skip was comming in at my mates house, and his dad would talk to people all over, and stick another pin in the map on the wall,... that took me all the way back to high school then RR,....I have to drive my young fella down to the beach this morning,.. might get in a quick 20 minute swing in the sunshine on the sand while I'm there. :D

silver said:
I remember the days when the skip was comming in at my mates house, and his dad would talk to people all over, and stick another pin in the map on the wall,... that took me all the way back to high school then RR,....I have to drive my young fella down to the beach this morning,.. might get in a quick 20 minute swing in the sunshine on the sand while I'm there. :D

Cool, Dig of for me and I will Raise a Tinny to your success over the internet, :cool: ;) ;)

why don't you come home. Whats the attraction for being in that dung heap?
There is no better place than Oz mate and I wouldnt leave it for quids.
Stay safe ridge runner :)

goldtruck59 said:
why don't you come home. Whats the attraction for being in that dung heap?
There is no better place than Oz mate and I wouldnt leave it for quids.
Stay safe ridge runner :)

I got a young Son over here going through College so I am doing what I can to support him with what ever he needs and money etc,

I would of been back home in 2012 but he wanted to go to college and I want him to learn all he can before he leaves, So at leased he will be set for life then. But I am seriously thinking about calling it a day here,??

Latest posts