Winter is here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledcanada

Wayne Kemp
Reaction score
While in the wait to find someone with a brake to make 4 bends for me, I found a rota pan (2nd hand) for sale. I purchased it and got out to the river for a few hours on November 2nd and ended up with 1 1/2 20 liter pails of heavy sand to work with for the winter. Also ordered in a California Bucket Sluice to help me deal with the concentrates. Then work gets busy and way too much work and yesterday we got about 40cm`s of snow. My shop is heated...... I hope I can get out soon. This white stuff is driving me nuts. Tonight we have -36 windchill. Had to plug in the block heater in my truck so it will start in the a.m. Have a few more pieces to pick up to get the pump hooked up to the bucket sluice. Should be able to get them cornered tomorrow. Gotta love winter in The Great White North. :)

And they say that Ballarat is cold in the winter where I live.
We had one day this winter with a top temperature of 5c
and that was cold enough.
Cheers Steve :lol:

I have been to Toronto once at the end of summer and was hot just like Melbourne. More humid than Melbourne as well. I would not be keen for winter though. Enjoy the snow shovel mate. :lol:

And we put up with 50c at Oallen. :rolleyes:
I feel for you, I Really feel for you. :eek:
At the moment here in good old Tathra, 24c at the best. :D
Better go and plan tomorrows assault for browny points. :lol:
Forecast 30c with Thunderstorms late afternoon. :cool:
Hope it rains. :)

Ahh , you gotta love the south coast.
Tathra is one of the gems along that way,
as is Central Tilba, Mystery Bay, Narooma etc.
That's where I want to go to die. :) ;) :lol: :cool:
Cheers Steve

sledcanada said:
While in the wait to find someone with a brake to make 4 bends for me, I found a rota pan (2nd hand) for sale. I purchased it and got out to the river for a few hours on November 2nd and ended up with 1 1/2 20 liter pails of heavy sand to work with for the winter. Also ordered in a California Bucket Sluice to help me deal with the concentrates. Then work gets busy and way too much work and yesterday we got about 40cm`s of snow. My shop is heated...... I hope I can get out soon. This white stuff is driving me nuts. Tonight we have -36 windchill. Had to plug in the block heater in my truck so it will start in the a.m. Have a few more pieces to pick up to get the pump hooked up to the bucket sluice. Should be able to get them cornered tomorrow. Gotta love winter in The Great White North. :)
Hey Mate
I have family over there they tell me about
Your -40 winters, no thanks I wouldn't
Like shovelling snow and freezing my bellonies
Off, warm QLD is more my thing
Good luck with your hunting brother
Regards
EM

stoyve said:
Ahh , you gotta love the south coast.
Tathra is one of the gems along that way,
as is Central Tilba, Mystery Bay, Narooma etc.
That's where I want to go to die. :) ;) :lol: :cool:
Cheers Steve
X2. Maybe we can get a group deal on plots and retirement apartments?

Ha haa, GT.
Sounds like a plan and around Central Tilba
are some gold fields.
There's good fishing, good surfing and great weather.

;)