Win a Drone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done im in, but it better come with lots of spares. :| ... I have crashed mine a few times now and im lucky it came with plenty of spares... And a few bought spares as well.. You weren't wrong Simmo when you said they take a bit to master.... I also have a Q?... The batteries seem to have a bit of swelling, is this good? or should I buy some new ones? I have asked at my local hobby shop and he said that they are bad and I should buy some new ones, but I get the feeling he just wants me to spend $$......I will put up a pic tomorrow in a new thread in Drones...

LW....

Attention LoneWolf

Swelling batteries are dangerous. I had An Iphone 5 swell up and pushed th face away from the case. It was still working. Lithium batteries should be handled with care.
regards Ned

Yes I realise that, that's why I have asked the Q... As I said I will put up a post in Drones tonight.... One Drone operator said that im worried about nothing and they are fine and what I have is Normal, but there is a slight swelling as far as im concerned...

LW....

Hope you win on account of my entry Nightjar.

Good luck :rainbow: :100: :trophy:

One of my lipos had swollen a little, I wasn't too concerned. Put it on charge outside on the pavers and heard a fizz and saw smoke. Immediately unplugged the charger. It didn't catch on fire, but may well have if left on charge.

I'd be very wary of a lipo battery that has changed shape or swollen. Especially after a few crashes.

Latest posts