Wild weather overseas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our "old"neighbour a developer built this shit box across the road and took away our city/river views and during the building stage one weekend came along and creosited all the floorboards and stumps and it stank for a week. No comment from council.

Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:
That would add another 100k to the house price RR....

Problem is our Hail never falls straight down... :)

Nothing silly about the way We build over here... Yer Right...

Termite resistant wood and We have brand new homes eaten out in 6 months... :rolleyes:

LW....

Iron roofs sheets aren't as thick as they use to be in the 60's and 70's and then the rafters started getting put wider apart, Roofs over here have 400mm centres as a rule and a lot steeper,

Back home we use to soak all our timbers in a mix of Creosote and Diesel, Do that every couple of years kept em at bay, With Posts we use to stand them in it over a couple of days and that helped stop them and helped to slow them rotting in the Ground, :Y:

RR you will probably find that the 400mm centres and steeper roofs are because you get more snow than over here. Creosote and diesel timbers will only help a fire along. What people used to do years ago does not bide well with regulations now.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:
That would add another 100k to the house price RR....

Problem is our Hail never falls straight down... :)

Nothing silly about the way We build over here... Yer Right...

Termite resistant wood and We have brand new homes eaten out in 6 months... :rolleyes:

LW....

Iron roofs sheets aren't as thick as they use to be in the 60's and 70's and then the rafters started getting put wider apart, Roofs over here have 400mm centres as a rule and a lot steeper,

Back home we use to soak all our timbers in a mix of Creosote and Diesel, Do that every couple of years kept em at bay, With Posts we use to stand them in it over a couple of days and that helped stop them and helped to slow them rotting in the Ground, :Y:

RR you will probably find that the 400mm centres and steeper roofs are because you get more snow than over here. Creosote and diesel timbers will only help a fire along. What people used to do years ago does not bide well with regulations now.

Cheers

Doug

Yeah I think that Creosote has restricted use here too due to the claims about it being harmful to domestic animals,

I think your right about the Roofs, All the Tile and Slate roofs here are the real deal and must weigh a Ton, It's nothing to see about 8 pallets/Tons of Roof Tiles fitted to an average smallish home and they are solid Cement type Stone about 13mm thick and measure around 500 X 240mm Ish ?? Some are shorter around the 350mm mark.

LoneWolf said:
I think We have set a new Australian Record (to be confirmed).... Sad and Devastating...
Why they are still allowing Tiled Roofs in QLD is beyond me... Even Metal roofs had Hail rip through them...

Some Hail...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co..._at_the_height_of_the-a-149_1604139324161.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2_10159192039269669_6541616261738312181_n.jpg
And this is the inside of just one Home.... There's about 1800 of them just like this one...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...49_3494950363959082_6062015353260865287_o.jpg
The results... Every solar panel smashed and you cant buy a Tarp anywhere between Lismore and Rockhampton...
How much longer can the Insurance Industry cover things like this...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2_10223238328648557_3375340481777338504_n.jpg

LW...

That's one huge hailstone. Maybe even bigger than the 1999 Sydney hail storm. There were reports of some hail being football sized in Sydney.

I remember back in the 90'sI was restoring a Triumph. Spent thousands on it.
About 1/2 an hour after it arrived home from the panel beaters with its brand new paint job and was unloaded in my driveway a massive and sudden hail storm hit Mannering Park on the Central Coast and wrote the damn thing off! :mad:

1604989396_screenshot_20201110-165021.jpg

Windy as shite here atm. And now this coming.
Hope there is some rain in it.

Latest posts