Whroo gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to detecting and have been out to the whroo diggings about 4 times now with out any luck. Has any one had any results there if so any tips or feed back on the area?. Can't help but think the area has been flogged and or is it a deep vein area if that even makes any sense

You may be half right. It's usually the junk that puts people off, but every year someone seems to crack the big nugget so make of that what you will. Same old story, the guys that get the luckiest are usually the ones working hardest. Maybe try a bit further out than right at the doorstep of the open cut. There's more than a few gullies around the area and yes they have been worked. Can be hard work to stick it out around there, but if it was easy we would all be waving an aldi special.

Iv spent endless hours and days digging bullets and scrap from whroo' the last spot I dug over 100 bullets for a .6 gram nugget.

It's tough goen out that way but keep chugging along and you will be rewarded.

What machines have use been running out there? I've been using a 4000 and an eureka gold. I have been mainly working the old diggings and surrounding areas should I be out searching virgin ground ?

I'm using my TDI pro as there is a few tricks to ignore ferrous objects and Iv got pretty good with it in the last 12months, unfortuanly you can't ignore bullets.
The gold can be found everywhere.....just change the way you go about searching for it' etc rake.

Ah yes ye olde rake I was thinking about that I suppose it would get rid of 80 % of the rubbish in the leaves and get me closer to small and deeper gold

Latest posts