Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought some green yummy looking vegetarian dog biscuits for our little dog Lucy. Put one down in front of her this morning, she had a small go then spat it out and gave us a look that said "I'd rather starve than eat that sxxx"
What is wrong with our dog?

Bought some green yummy looking vegetarian dog biscuits for our little dog Lucy. Put one down in front of her this morning, she had a small go then spat it out and gave us a look that said "I'd rather starve than eat that sxxx"
It has discerning taste!

Another thing that really gets me grumpy is that every publicly listed company is always trying to appease shareholders regardless of the costs to the nation as a whole. I know companies need to be profitable to attrect investment but we need to demand these big producers divert a percentage of product to national stockpiles of resources to keep the country going during times such as these. Politicians are saying that if we don't fulfill contracts then we will be seen as unreliable, all I can say is look after our own people first or we will see you as unreliable and vote you the f... out!

Regarding the transmission lines, I think NSW sold off our poles and wires infrastructure to Chinese interests quite some time ago, so I wouldn't be holding my breat waiting for upgrades to suit modern power generation.

Also on the news last night it was revealed that a big part of sudden spikes is that about 30-40% of generators have been down for unplanned maintenance....

We seriously need to build some of the new safer nuclear reactors before we can't generate any power anymore...

Yes coal briquettes worth $3 million AUD in 2022 (and an average of $3 million AUD for each of the preceding 32 years). In that year (2022) we exported $AUD 67,000,000,000 worth of coal (about 22,000 times the value of the imports). The media loves to make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Don't understand your comment about a shortage of coal Solid Luck - tongue in cheek I guess?
Probabaly a media beat up but I have read a few articles on the newspapers lateley that mention it.

LIke this one.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/g...ics-news/7a054967-7ac7-4c3f-b5c1-f57355ea6215

The coal shortage​

The gas shortage is made worse by a shortage in coal.
Coal prices have spiked in recent months, thanks to the war in Ukraine.
And outdated coal-fired power stations have been struggling to maintain a steady output of electricity.

And the largest coal plant in the country, Eraring in the NSW Hunter Valley, has had difficulty sourcing enough coal to burn.
That's because it's major supplier, with a conveyor system into the power station, isn't producing or is at a reduced production rate at the moment due to "constraints associated with geological features at its Mandalong mine".
This is further compounded by limited rail access, supply chain (sourcing other suppliers) issues & having to enter the high cost spot market.
Not to mention the delays we now face in trying to get approvals for mine expansion & production increases.
There's plenty of coal but plenty of bottle necks to go with it.

What shall I choose as my whinge of the day?
Maybe that my Facebook account got hacked and about 40 scamming ads placed under my identity. Not only also that but that they were obviously Chinese because they changed the language of choice to Chinese so that I couldn't even read my own Facebook page to try to reset things. And also having to delete all the ads and explain to the nearly 100 people who messaged me that the obviously under priced ads were scams. Or having to spend an hour on the phone with a Chinese speaking tech assistant to finally get things righted?
Nah It is when I later went into town to buy a woollen button up cardigan to replace my much loved one now headed for cardigan heaven. No one not even Myers had one!
Gone are my future dreams of sitting beside the open fire, glass of port in hand, pipe in mouth with my wife gently putting on my slippers as I relax in my comforting woollen cardy.
What has the world come to?

I am absolutely fuming with the sentence handed down to the bloke that killed two people and an unborn child. FFS , this prick has arun sheet longer than my arm and on drugs etc at the time of the crime and he is out on the day he killed these people in 5 years time. The judiciary is F*&$ed. so angry.
Who was that?

Is it just me or is Australian ads on TV going multioverthetop culturaliasm. Every ad now is gay, black, Indian, white/ whatever. Am I racist? No. Just don't shot down my throat. I am over it.

Yeah it's gone way over the top and IMHO is creating more issues than it solves. Lets just call people people, as after all it's as simple as that.

... like Alf Garnett use to say, I aint eating no canned muck!
Would you eat it? Dogs are not vegans!

Who was that?
Mate they couldn’t give his name for legal reasons. He got 10 years and will be out in 5 on the same day he killed those poor buggars, it’s just wrong. He was 17 at the time, now 18 and was drunk, on drugs, stole the vehicle. He has a rap sheet longer than my arm. The family of the victims have put in a complaint on the softness of the sentence.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Australian ads on TV going multioverthetop culturaliasm. Every ad now is gay, black, Indian, white/ whatever. Am I racist? No. Just don't shot down my throat. I am over it.

Unfortunately they have gone so far left of woke they are causing more divisiveness. Let them be we know they are here don’t ram it down everyone’s throat.

Sorry. Queensland couple: Mathew Field 37 and Kate Leadbetter 31 and their unborn child.
Sad. I think he got a minimum parole period of 6 years not 5. He won't necessarily get out then - in practice 40% of such people are refused bail in Queensland when they get to the minimum parole period. His actual sentence is 10 years and he sounds like he should serve it.

Yes mate i mentioned he got 10 years and has served 1 of the 6 so he will be out in 5. There is currently a petition in Qld for the sentence to be reviewed. The original charge was Murder and downgraded to Manslaughter. The whole judicial system needs a review especially for young children/ young adults. I have a friend in Townsville and their neighbourhood is getting worse with young criminals and they, at one stage, hired private security firm to patrol at night. A friend in Geelong says the crime rate there is just as bad with the young gangs. In my opinion it started when children were given free rein .

Makka, agree with you 100%, the free rein that they have now is only going to get worse, there seems to be no end to the freedoms and unacceptability that happen now, glad we live way a long way out of town.

Latest posts