Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:

Definitely not a scam, yes it is poorly written however I did do my due diligence checks before contacting any of the caller's. I've since visited the bank and made it clear I will be pulling all of my money out.

They wanted to confirm 4 questions :(

Name :lol: I told them if I changed it I would have let them know.

Address :( same as above.

Citizenship :8 WTF same as 1 & 2

Drivers licence :8 didn't realise I could change it :lol:

Talk about odd :rolleyes:

The average price around here has been $1.96 for E10 and $2.05 for U95. For the last 2 weeks.
Hate to think what it will go to :(
1645049715_screenshot_20220217-080859_chrome_copy_1024x2105_1.jpg

1645049715_screenshot_20220217-081107_chrome_copy_1024x2105.jpg

RM Outback said:
Redfin said:

Definitely not a scam, yes it is poorly written however I did do my due diligence checks before contacting any of the caller's. I've since visited the bank and made it clear I will be pulling all of my money out.

They wanted to confirm 4 questions :(

Name :lol: I told them if I changed it I would have let them know.

Address :( same as above.

Citizenship :8 WTF same as 1 & 2

Drivers licence :8 didn't realise I could change it :lol:

Talk about odd :rolleyes:
Changing banks is a real nuisance but sometimes worthwhile (I just got out of CBA), although most are poor so it needs to be a major issue. However in your case their message to you indicates that they were willing to discuss your name, address, citizenship and drivers licence number over the TELEPHONE. This is unheard of in my experience, a total breach of your security. A bank can determine who YOU are by phone using security questions, but you have no way to determine who THEY are, you could be talking to anyone. I would not bank with an organisation that takes my security so lightly - I would run a mile.

Still say scam.
The text is against Bendigo banks policy, and every financial institution for that matter.
Ring their security centre.

Perhaps there's been some internal problem at the branch where somebody stuffed up your account details. We've been with Bendigo and a couple of others for many years and they are the one bank where I know the staff and they know me even though I haven't been in there for at least 4 years. I like the personal service at Bendigo Bank.

Redfin said:
Still say scam.
The text is against Bendigo banks policy, and every financial institution for that matter.
Ring their security centre.

I visited a branch and had everything confirmed, even the 2 caller's 1 mobile 1 landline are both employees. It's no scam I can absolutely guarantee you that :awful:

Moneybox said:
Perhaps there's been some internal problem at the branch where somebody stuffed up your account details. We've been with Bendigo and a couple of others for many years and they are the one bank where I know the staff and they know me even though I haven't been in there for at least 4 years. I like the personal service at Bendigo Bank.

I'm still waiting for names and direct phone numbers to the hierarchy so I can find out more specific details. I'm not just walking away I'll get to the bottom of this crap one way or another.

Like you we have been with them for many years and like their upfront personal service.

RM Outback said:
I'm still waiting for names and direct phone numbers to the hierarchy so I can find out more specific details. I'm not just walking away I'll get to the bottom of this crap one way or another.

Like you we have been with them for many years and like their upfront personal service.

Keep digging mate, bank staff using personal phones rings alarm bells to me.
1645068652_screenshot_20220217-142622-543.jpg

Is it a whinge, not sure. Today we did our shopping and noticed that veggies have prices going up dramatically, snow peas $22.00 per kg, cauliflower $9.90 per kg and broccoli same price, all excellent quality not questioning that but wondering whether it is to do with transportation, weather conditions, unable to find workers or more than likely, all of the above. Good healthy tucker yet stuff like biscuits, cakes, soft drink etc cheap as chips ( pardon the pun). Also told by my Dr. That 400 items are no longer claimable through Medicare. Ah well, just have to plant more seedlings.
Cheers
Mackka

dam it said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last 4 posts CRACKED ME UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's your wringer :playful: