Where is prospecting allowed near Lerderderg State Park

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just bought a SDC not long ago and start searching for spots for prospecting.

I went to Lerderderg area, and took back one sample pan of sand to check and found two very tiny specks. Then I checked online noticed that Lerderderg state park is not allowed panning on all Lerderderg water tributaries. And I called today to confirm that by default, all state parks and reserves are not permitted for prospecting. Then I key in Lerderderg State park to search its area and again found out there are still plenty spaces outside the state park, would I be allowed to prospect in those area outside state park or not? For example, O Briens Crossing is actually not inside area of the Lerderderg State Park, is it allowed for prospecting there? Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
G'day James G welcome to PA. Mate all I can say is get out into the GT (Golden Triangle) and put your money to good use. The SDC is a great machine and you will find gold with it, Lederderg isn't going to produce much for your time investment unfortunately.

Creswick, Ballarat, Maryborough will provide you with better opportunities for success 🍻

Latest posts