When I was a lot younger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was born in 1961 and when I was a kid we had a briquette hot water service and heater, I saw mum go from a wringer ( finger crusher) washing machine to a twin tub.
Telphones were dial up, not that we had one when I lived at home.
Then they went to push button and even cordless.
When the 1st mobile phones came in they were commenly called a brick (look it up and you will understand).
Video players then dvd players ,
Cassette tape players then cds.
Now everything is digital.
Microwave ovens.
How the heck do you cook things without a flame or an element?
Don't even start me on televisins and computors.
I think that my mind just exploded :bomb:

1538875574_original.jpg

My 1st wife worked for 3UZ Radio in Melb. A few times I carried a "brick" plus lead acid battery pack around town with the Fire Brigade doing reports on where fire occurences happen, in Charity clothes bins, and alleyways etc.
My first and only time in a Metro Fire Truck, but I did do a bit around the CFA in Panton Hill and Whittlesea at the time with the PMG working on fire reporting systems.

The old brick was a very powerful unit.
I lived in the riverina district in nsw from 97 to 2002 and the local radio station used one for the outside broadcast phone calls

I my first phone just after the gun buyback in 1996 I got some money back from my 1200 Winchester pump action 12 guage. I really liked that gun....anyway I had my own painting business so I bought a mobile with the money and my first wife said it was a waist of money because not many people will use them ! I went for the hand held because I didn't want to lug a bag phone around while I was painting. Wish I had kept it now.

Wishfull said:
I my first phone just after the gun buyback in 1996 I got some money back from my 1200 Winchester pump action 12 guage. I really liked that gun....anyway I had my own painting business so I bought a mobile with the money and my first wife said it was a waist of money because not many people will use them ! I went for the hand held because I didn't want to lug a bag phone around while I was painting. Wish I had kept it now.

U right Wishfull . And the old analog used to get reception where digital struggles .
I was a plaserer and had one the size of a 6 pack .
Got a lot of work because I was one of the first to have one
My first wife of 10 years went right off when I came home with it but my second wife loved it cos she could check on where i was .
made it hard when u used to drop into the local pub most arvoes

Get smart,the goodies,the banana splits,doctor who,cat wezel,count down, there were heaps of good tv shows years ago lost in space is another one great thread keep it going cheers Muk.

Missed it by that much.

The Three Stooges "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk"
Marx Brothethers
" Epic Movies" on a Saturday morning
Abbot and Costello
Gidget,
Elvis presly movies

The Honeymooners - one day Alice one day, not so funny now!
Huckleberry Hound Dog Houdy
Woody Woodpecker
Ranger Stacy
Wonderworld
Tarzan

Mackka
Life was much simpler then!

Bonanza,Cisco kid a bit later on the young ones would be good to watch again cheers Muk.

Dragstar bicycles with the T-shift for gears, a sissy bar and extended forks like a chopper.
Thought I was Fonzy from Happy Days.
Heavy wooden skateboards with the chalkie wheels, they used to leave whit marks everywhere and were really noisy.
Adjustable roller skates to fit over your shoes a nbd a totem tennis pole.