Whats this bullet shell I found?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I found this bullet shell the other day while out detecting. It is stamped Fiocchi 1918.
I have googled that it is possibly from a hand gun.
Does the 1918 stamp indicate that this was manufactured in 1918? I would appreciate the feed back.

Brumble

1454645891_fiocchi_1918.jpg

Going by the date and what was mentioned on a few forums, it may have been used in the 9mm parabellum Luger and the C96 Broomandle Mauser pistols.

Better look for a few bones, a mound or a depression, or have a swing around with the big coil for some gold fillings or jewelry- could be a reason it's on it's own. If it was someone having target practice there should be several shells, so someone or something may have been despatched with a single shot to the head there.......

Tim said:
Better look for a few bones, a mound or a depression, or have a swing around with the big coil for some gold fillings or jewelry- could be a reason it's on it's own. If it was someone having target practice there should be several shells, so someone or something may have been despatched with a single shot to the head there.......
......I hope not.

Latest posts