Whats this and should I put it back?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any ideas? Wasn't very deep.

Found in a park next to the playground.

1465455992_fullsizerender.jpg

Maybe a plate for technician's to stamp service dates on? 11/92, 5/03, 7/13. looks like serviced about every 10 year mark, 8) maybe.

B5MECH said:
Maybe a plate for technician's to stamp service dates on? 11/92, 5/03, 7/13. looks like serviced about every 10 year mark, 8) maybe.

I'm with you mate looks like a service plate as found on wooden light/telegraph poles.

It looks exactly like the one on the pole outside my front door. If it's from an old SEC (State Electricity Commission) pole and if i remember correctly (no guarrantee on that though) SG is the species of tree next under that the date when it was cut or maybe installed.. also included is the height in metres origin codes and inspection dates.

Hopefully a vintage linesman forum member will chip in and put us all right!

casper

Very interesting I'd like to know also, and what tree would be SG as I thought they were all from blackbutt.

The SG stands for species which is Sugar Gum. The date 9-11-92 is when it processed at the timber yard. The 15.5 could be the height & 12 could stands for 12kn which is the strength. That's if it is a power pole. Don't know what the other numbers are could be line numbers??

Maybe you should find the power pole and put it back!!! :eek: The poor dude that comes through to service it is going to be upset when he has to order a new one to stamp it in 2023. 8.(

Latest posts