what would you do if

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what would you do if world war III broke out ?

hypothetical question . if war broke out in any particular location on earth , not pointing fingers anywhere of course.

a) What could occur

b) how would you respond

Answer a for me is;

The atmosphere we breath could become somewhat dusty
The sun could become a little obscured
Our food sources derived from agri-cropping could become limited in supply
The internet and communications could cease to function
fuel supply would become restricted
bank trading hours would change a bit

Answer b . how would i respond

I would get a few families together who all had kids of around the same age
I would dig a big hole and manufacture a big wine cellar
make a solar powered and wind turbine powered breathable air filtration system to keep my wine clean
install underground water storage tanks and water filters
stockpile a bit of food for lunch while i am down there cleaning my wine bottles
bury a laptop and wireless router inside a lead box so an EMP bom b wouldnt destroy it
fill up those spare fuel drums that were left over on the film set of Mad Max
keep a few dollars at home for those quick trips to the shops that may still be trading

who has any other hypothetical suggestions for fun ?

hopefully the understated wording doesnt lose the innuendo

take a slab of frothies, a deck chair, an esky, go sit on the roof, some old chook from the RSL who is not too bad on the eye, watch the mushroom clouds appear, then bend over and kiss my aXX good-bye. who wants to live in a world without the cricket and footy?

Apart from some of what Headsup said re filtered air, water and solar/wind power.
I would head out west where I have family on the land. They already are partly self sifficient and have large fuel supplies on hand.
Less density of people and ability to live off the land somewhat.
Also would assume little towns in the middle of nowhere would not attract much attention.

Plus I know of some already dug 'wine cellars' in the area from previous doomsdayers.

you blokes have been watching too many episodes of preppers. :lol: (me too!!)

Righto - this is my set-up for prospecting. Selectors bush-block. Metal transportable cabin with annex. Solar power hot water. water tanks. firewood for ever. roos, rabbits and birds if need be for meat. veggie patch under wire and surrounded by dug in wire (read rabbits). septic. back-up genie available. dehydrated food (get it at Costco). Lots of preppers guides. First aid kits hanging out of my gazoo. Fishing and yabby gear (dam stocked). Tools that don't need power. water purifying kit. A 'go bag'. Failures? fruit trees have been very ordinary. can't keep chooks 'cause I am not there full-time just yet.

Why set up like this - after the floods and bushfires down here saw too many folk unprepared. Rode out both disasters well. Apart from the highly unlikely zombie scenarios, the australian preppers has some very good info. Also, check out http://www.em.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx - all the manuals you will ever need.

My biggest ever questions? what will you do if the 'phone and GPS systems fall over? Can you at least read a map? can you survive in the bush for at least two days? do you know how to obtain and purify water? do you know how to build a bush shelter? can you find south using the southern cross so you can navigate at night?

Oh i love this stuff, However if we had a real war (nuclear) and it ended society as we know it, Then you only need 2 things, GUNS AND NUMBERS, Preppers are just stocking up for the toughest guy in the street. If you dont have these your done and dusted best go hide. A lot of forecasters say it would be under a week before people started killing others for food.

Scenerio a)
Heads up I think it has already started.
As thats exactly how it is now where I live.
Answer b)

Do as I always do.....wake up...scratch my balls.....head to the kitchen.....boil the kettle.......drink half a cup of tea......head out front look up sun is still there......go to work.
Is there something I missed here.
cheers
TheSmithy.

slowflow said:
A couple of bottles of champagne, corn chips, dip & a big fire. 'Cause there is an ice age coming.

possibly

if superpowers got stupid and threw nukes at each other for a few hours there would be dust storms circling the earth for 3 - 6 months blocking out the sun which would affect the climate

poor old el nino wouldnt know which way to blow .

the nukes could also trigger earthquakes all over the globe as earth fault lines "relieved themselves"

so on top of dust dropping into every water source on earth you would also have 6 inches of dust covering every land mass

the air would be unbreathable , even if you wore a respirator the air would be radioactive and you would die within weeks from radioactive poisoning.

you would want 12 months of food + water , an automatic backflushing air filtration system that removed radioactivity and lots of back copies of "Gold Gem and Treasure" magazine to read on days when you were not canoodling with your partner or working out in your underground gym.

you would also want a hundred kilos of "seedbank special" vegetable and fruit seeds

and a shotgun for wiping out the giant cockroaches that would be outside waiting for you

I love it, very funny :D

Here's my 1cent input= live every day like there's no tomorrow ;)

loamer said:
take a slab of frothies, a deck chair, an esky, go sit on the roof, some old chook from the RSL who is not too bad on the eye, watch the mushroom clouds appear, then bend over and kiss my aXX good-bye. who wants to live in a world without the cricket and footy?

Hey Loamer - You've seen the movie MELANCHOLIA haven't you....?

ps

if you're out cruising around town and notice some big mushrooms on the horizon , then driving straight down into the nearest deep underground carpark is better than being topside.

and if youre lucky , the carpark has a supermarket in the same building whose manager decides to stay there and keep you company

:|

but it will never happen . coz human beanz are too integgilent and edumacated 8)

Guns, ammo, water and fuel is all you'll need. If you have enough of these and the balls and brains...

You'll do what you need to get what you want.

Head to were our PM is and join him in his "climate change free bubble" surely nothing would harm us in there.

After the dust settled. Go and check the fault lines around the place and look for new reefs and aluvial deposits.

I would also look at starting up a new fast food chain.. maybe called "Cairns Fried Critters" and use the tastier parts of the now mutant animals and insects that are roaming the lands.. or maybe the gruel type food they eat in "The Matrix"..

G'day

Whatever happens, disrupted supplies of food and water would drive an exodus from the cities. I'll be building mantraps, funnelled kill zones and shooting any urban refugees that stray too close and hanging their hides on the fence as a warning to others that come looking for a KFC. If it all goes completely arse-up then I'm taking over Lord Howe Island with a select few as it's too far for most of the populace to reach and could be defended by a handfull of snipers against those that did.
1385928524_lord_howe.png

Cheers

Chimpy

casper said:
loamer said:

Hey Loamer - You've seen the movie MELANCHOLIA haven't you....?
I watched it twice, bloody hard yards or a brilliant art piece, cant decide. hahaha

Latest posts