What is your biggest cleanout?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I've posted these pics in an old thread when I actually had these finds, near enough 12 months ago now.

Just as a bit of encouragement for all you sluicer's this was done with an Angus MacKirk sluice and not even a highbanker! Just goes to show you can still have pretty good finds without having to sell a kidney!

Single best day was 4.55g on a Saturday

And the following the following day was 2.54g making the weekend total 7.09g

Cheers
Adam

best clean out i can remember by myself was about 10.5 grams went back that evening and got another 7 from memory I hit a pocket of mud that was just upstream from a fallen tree that came down in 2011 floods near Ballarat. it was loaded with crystalline gold. was got in an old wooden highbanker too :) worst thing was this old bloke was panning out my tailings and he got a 6 gram nugget still on quarts that came off the back of my banker......

wish there was easy gold like that around

I have posted this before here:- https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3515 post #6.

I put a vile of flower gold with some pickers in my work bag to show some guys at work who didn't believe I was a prospector and I was getting gold.
When I got to work and searched in the bag, full of junk, all I could find was the lid with the broken neck attached.
Most of it was in the bag but some had fallen through a small hole in the corner.
The next problem was how to get it back :(
I decided the best option was to use my cordless vacuum and forensically clean the inside of the bag and also the passengers seat in the car where it normally travels and the floor under my bench at work.
Now my bag is normally under my bench at work and I do a lot of cutting and grinding and drilling so consequently the bag had a lot of metal in there, steel, aluminium and stainless which I didn't know about until I had to pan the contents out.
Anyway after the headache of panning it out I found the hardest thing to separate flower gold from is stainless steel chips.
What a nightmare! Much harder than black sand.
I got most of the gold back and it was the best clean up I have ever had! :D
There must be a moral there somewhere! :rolleyes:
Cheers
Mick

21.7grams in a day then averaged 11 grams a day for the next week and a half until floods came and work was impossible. The highbanker was 75cm long x 35 cm wide, and my own design. Will get back and work the spot again soon as it is still untouched by anyone else.

Puddler Bill said:
21.7grams in a day then averaged 11 grams a day for the next week and a half until floods came and work was impossible. The highbanker was 75cm long x 35 cm wide, and my own design. Will get back and work the spot again soon as it is still untouched by anyone else.

When are we leaving?????? :D :D :D

What the hell, my mate and i go for full weekends down at Tuena and get a half gram if we are lucky hahahah. We seriously must suck at this.

the first time I used am Sluice I brought home 3/ 15Lt buckets and put it through
and I got 2 specks. I am planning on giving it a good run at Easter

Biggest hall to date, that is easy would have to be the 5 specs last week, tryed to weigh all the gold I have found to date. Put on electric kitchen scales that can weigh .1 of a gram. The scales read 0.0. Sad times 8.( , best go and get some more. :)

It all comes down to testing, and more testing. Then using the best equipment you can get and working hard as hell to get the gold and stop others ratting your spot. Also if you want to get serious you need to not dig where every one else does. Hate digging some other persons tailings.

best was 6g in a day followed bedrock into a corner with the old man and got a nice mixture of chunky and fine

This was one cleanup but didn't weigh it at the time, it's a standard black pan:

1396232701_image.jpg

1396232808_image.jpg

G'day

Finally some water in creeks so went and had a crack at a new spot. Not the biggest haul ever but not too shabby, put a smile on the dial :)

4 days worth of cons
1397001613_gold_pan.jpg

Cheers

Chimpy

i think our best haul was about a gram for about 2 days work :(
but its all bout the love :D

Latest posts