What is legal length/size for sluice in nsw

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all just trying to find out if there is a legal size for a sluice because I am trying to make one for my young bloke he's been watching gold rush on the idiot box. :) I have read as much as I can but brain won't work properly.

Thanks in advance
Johnboy

mate mine i about 1200 long (sluice) and as far as i am concerned it finds just as much as anything else JMO
only a lot easier to carry some are smaller and bigger but i am comfortable with this one
my highbanker is a gs12 (type it into ebay and have a look) i have a mate that has one 7ft long but needs a trailer to cart it (gs21 i think not sure) and i find just as much as him
legal length not sure in NSW
i would say keep it at a size that you can carry in comfort

Bit of advice in NSW
Keep it under 3.5 meters.
Also only to be carried by one person.
Do you mean a River sluice or
High Banker. ?

Tathradj said:
Bit of advice in NSW
Keep it under 3.5 meters.
Also only to be carried by one person.
Do you mean a River sluice or
High Banker. ?

:Y:

Sorry I'm a bit slow . It's a home made sluice made by my son and my self it's about 2.4 but I can fold it in half . It's made and tested not sure if it worked tho . Thanks all for the info :Y: :D

Can't put anything up yet sorry I don't have enough posts yet to be able to put pics up . But will as soon as I can :Y:

1500724686_img_7584.jpg

Hope it works :Y:

That's the start of it
Here is a shot of the funneled front section
And shoot that can change to multiple directions
1500725117_img_7589.jpg

1500725148_img_7587.jpg
:Y:

Latest posts