What Constitutes A Patch?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
I dug three nuggets today in a line. Each nugget was about 10 ft apart, does this constitute a patch or how many nuggets would?

Could be someone's test patch dubbles.... :eek:
lol.
you know the oold saying around here though hey ! :p
No photo.... didn't hapen :D
(Well found though) :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

If the 3 are in line , they could be shedding from a reef . If it is easy digging , you could dig a small trench across the line . You might find a quartz reef if you can get down to the bed rock . Follow the line .

I think you need to find more than 3 pieces to call it a patch .JMO.

G'day

I reckon the word patch could pretty much cover any spot that produces more than one nugget, because every patch either small or large that I have found has started with finding the first nugget (the indicator) and then when I get a second or third nugget close by I know that there is possibly even more, then you need to change tactics to really work the spot and see what else could be hiding there by using bigger and smaller coils to really cover the area, some patches will be very compact and others very wide spread so don't be scared to spend the time to cover lots of ground around the area as well

Some other terminology

If you find a single piece on open ground and don't find another nearby we reckon it just fell out of an Emu's bum
A very small nugget is a Bee's D**k
Anything over a gram "A Clunker"

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts