What can't you live without?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwt said:
HeadsUp said:
i like to travel light so i got one of those Doctor Who backpacks to squeeze all this stuff into.

Highbanker
30 m long 2" hose
10 m long 40 mm hose ( x2)
5 m long 40 mm hose (x2)
40 mm suction hose
3 x short 1m flexible hoses
suction strainer
1 roll of erosion cloth to catch sediment
WX15 pump
5 x 25 litre buckets
60 litre tub for cleanup
2 x gold pans
sniffer bottles and glass vials
shovel
600 mm pick
5 x different sized trowels for crevicing + 2 x brushes
waist high waders
mirage rock boots
dive gloves
6 foot steel pry bar
crevice sucker /cleaner
toolbox ( screwdriver , spanner ,knife etc)
20 litre petrol can
Minelab detector
GPS / Ipad +WiFi
Tent
torch
spare torch
2 x 60 litre tubs of food ,drinks
10 litres drinking water
gas cooker
picnic blanket signed by Yogi Bear
mosquito coils
first aid kit including setopress bandages
Epirb
sleeping bag
air mattress
towel
bag of clothes
dunny paper
tea tree oil , salt and metho for bites , tics or leaches
1 box secret stuff
snakeproof boots http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-men-s-snake-shield-armor-ii-hunting-boots/pid-1083163
Where da axe brother :eek:
Couldn't do without it last time :lol:

Correct , I looked at bunnings but they didn't have the 28" fiskars I want , I have used one before and its one of the better axes I have swung

For anyone looking for a great axe they are worth a look , just don't pick up the splitter / maul by mistake , fiskars have heaps of different types

Thanks for the reminder Matt :D

Hi Lisa, I also carry a small personal locator beacon plb on my harness permanently, and get a reliable quality gps , put your car co ords in when leaving your car . They are easy to use but learn how to use it to find your way back to your car before you do actually need to. I personally only carry a very small pick, i keep a bigger one in my car if i need to get it. So far all the gold I've found in the triangle has been fairly shallow and carrying the pick is what impacts mostly on my old bones and crap back.

Correction to above post on fiskars , I can't find a 28 inch chopper on their website now so it might have been the 23" I was thinking of.

I did email fiskars and asked if they would produce a bigger timberblokes axe ~ so you never know

Awesome information guys..... Thanks Heads up I'm working through your list, very useful :) DWT and Gold Target you guys are hard core, I hope to see these inventions one day in the field..... JohnB lol... Your just too kind :8

Thanks so much again, you guys are gold!!

Lisa_Larriane said:
Awesome information guys..... Thanks Heads up I'm working through your list, very useful :) DWT and Gold Target you guys are hard core, I hope to see these inventions one day in the field..... JohnB lol... Your just too kind :8

Thanks so much again, you guys are gold!!
That's the nicest thing I've read about myself on here. I'm just a hack. DWT on the other hand is a wiley bugger but indeed a top bloke. Definitely enjoy catching up with him the mad fella he is.

Metamorphic said:
HeadsUp said:

Ta for the link on the boots mate.

Never seen those before, great info and advice!

Cheers

No probs

Search for snakeproof boots on the academy website and also on www.rockyboots.com

You might find other brands with better flexibility ,mine are a bit stiff around the ankles so far

There are many to choose from up to USD $400 per pair , mine cost $99 plus $72 freight however the Australia post "shop mate" website might do cheaper freight

I tried to motivate a couple of Aussie boot makers to produce or import these things but they said " no market in oz for snake proof boots"

Coz you know .... We don't have snakes here right ?

Lol....we have snakes here? :eek:

They should wear in a bit an loosen up after a few trips!

I like the look of them a lot, they are very sought of.....how do i put this?........John Wayne'ish.

Getting visions of having them on with my Akubra, feet up on the coffee table, cigar in mouth saying to the wife...."saddle up babe".

Thanks again!

Metamorphic said:
Lol....we have snakes here? :eek:

They should wear in a bit an loosen up after a few trips!

I like the look of them a lot, they are very sought of.....how do i put this?........John Wayne'ish.

Getting visions of having them on with my Akubra, feet up on the coffee table, cigar in mouth saying to the wife...."saddle up babe".

Thanks again!

Yeah I had the same thoughts re the John Wayne look so I wear my jeans over the top to hide the Texas influence

That should give the snakes a hell of a shock too if they ping me expecting soft warm flesh

Proposition 65 warning for California residents: WARNING - This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Hmmm, dunno about wearing those boots.

Ok so I wear these, have for years, super comfy and fit under your jeans ........ no snake is biting through these babies.... Only for the ladies though :( but you don't want your ladies to be bitten either right!!!

1421102434_untitled.png

http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-harrowed-boots-2168850.html
http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-husk-boots-2169370.html

1421102455_boots_2.png

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lisa_Larriane said:
Ok so I wear these, have for years, super comfy and fit under your jeans ........ no snake is biting through these babies.... Only for the ladies though :( but you don't want your ladies to be bitten either right!!!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4329/1421102434_untitled.png

http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-harrowed-boots-2168850.html
http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-husk-boots-2169370.html

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4329/1421102455_boots_2.png

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

they would have to be better protection than wearing ankle length boots but my enquiries with boot makers indicated that some species of snake can bite through leather so i went with boots that had snakeproof intention in their design.

they look comfortable for long hours in the saddle :)

Heatho said:
Proposition 65 warning for California residents: WARNING - This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Hmmm, dunno about wearing those boots.

it means they used rubber and chemical glue in their manufacture

aussie standards probably allow the same chemicals to be sold in baby formula here

I kind of figure they have to get through denim (providing I'm not wearing shorts) then through the leather plus the interior padding and anti sweat wicking/fabric, then socks!!!!...... they would have to have pretty long fangs...... And of course they could always bite you higher like on your thigh.....
My dogs have been the best snake killers so far ..... the past 4 years they have done (that I have seen) 18 brown snakes, numerous whip snakes, and a red belly black...... I love my dogs :) One brown slithered right under my boots as I sat on a rock, my boy dog grabbed and shook the shit out of it !!!!! He got a huge pat and I got a rum!!

But you don't want your lady bitten do you. Err, err oh hell no. But if she is between me and a snake i guess i could let take one for the team. Most people that know her call her snakejuice anyways.

Lisa_Larriane said:
I kind of figure they have to get through denim (providing I'm not wearing shorts) then through the leather plus the interior padding and anti sweat wicking/fabric, then socks!!!!...... they would have to have pretty long fangs...... And of course they could always bite you higher like on your thigh.....
My dogs have been the best snake killers so far ..... the past 4 years they have done (that I have seen) 18 brown snakes, numerous whip snakes, and a red belly black...... I love my dogs :) One brown slithered right under my boots as I sat on a rock, my boy dog grabbed and shook the shite out of it !!!!! He got a huge pat and I got a rum!!

I am sure you will be fine with those boots and your awareness :)

glad your dogs survived , my neighbour lost a rhottie to a brown last summer but they are a bit slower than other breeds

Latest posts