Western Creek hit hard

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5000s took it all last year left the tiniest for the 7000s we had no reason to dig for those after taken the big ones. ?
?

Qlden said:
Just spent 5 weeks at Western Creek, first time there and first time using 7000, wife using 2300.

After a slow start at which we were at point of leaving after 1st week we started to get a few small
bits. Faint signal on way back to car for smoko ended in 2hr dig for 36 little bits of leaf gold totalling
28g from 1 hole.
Stumbled onto another couple of small patches in other areas and ended with a couple of grams
shy of 7ozs. Largest bit was only 4g!!!

Margaret wish we had known it was you in the Keppal pools truck.....

Had to leave due to severe toothache. Will be heading back as soon as school holidays
and dental treatment over.

Cheers

Den & Linda

What setting are you guys running on your 7000? I'm currently at Western creek but have only found a couple of bits of leaf gold and almost on the verge of packing up and moving on. We have been getting into the hard to get spots but still not having any luck. Hopefully it's just my settings.

Wooy

Hi All
I just had a phone call from a guy who is at Western Creek, he told me he had found over 3.5 oz's in 12 days & his group had over 10 oz's, just goes to show there will be gold found there for years to come, he said each old patch he found he got a few off it!!
He also mentioned that the main lease operator had just found a Speci with 87oz in it, when they detected a pushed gully WOW!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

BTW, there is no need to book in when going to Western Creek, just turn up & the caretaker will catch up with you for you paperwork & money.

PaulFritz said:
Any more recent finds or anyone been to or planning on going to Western Creek?

There is many many oz's found all over the country that NEVER makes it onto the forum's, if you are waiting for more conformation about "Gold" being found there, to help you decide to go or not? I can guarantee you one thing, you are missing out on the chance of finding the things you are waiting to read about, get out there & get some for yourself then tell us about it!!! there is plenty there & will be for years!!!!
cheers
Lee

Prooz said:
Just back from Western Creek today, after two days not long enough. No I didn't get anything this trip but I'll be back.

Yes Lee but driving 33 hrs from Melbourne only to find very little or nothing is what concerns me but that's gold for you. If you don't go you'll never know.
It would be much easier if you lived up there and could get across in a day.

PaulFritz said:
Prooz said:
Just back from Western Creek today, after two days not long enough. No I didn't get anything this trip but I'll be back.

Yes Lee but driving 33 hrs from Melbourne only to find very little or nothing is what concerns me but that's gold for you. If you don't go you'll never know.
It would be much easier if you lived up there and could get across in a day.

Hey Paul
Yes 33 hrs is a huge trip!!!!! no doubt about that!

But the reward is directly related to the effort in this game, a couple of days is really not long enough for anyone, unless you are an hour away.
There is no doubt you have to weigh up the cost of getting there with the amount of time you will have to spend out in the field & if it is more of a holiday or a "Gold" mission.
I was not having a go at you in my post I was just pointing out that there has been enough "Gold" found at "Western Creek" now!!! for everyone to make an informed decision to venture out there or go somewhere else.

I am lucky I live in "Paradise" which is only 6 hrs from the places I detect, closer would be better but I am happy.
cheers & good luck
Lee