We're up and running!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband, John, has not long ago purchased a SDC2300 metal detector. We were fortunate enough to visit Hill End last weekend and met Balmain Bob, who gave us the greatest initiation to the great pass time of gold detecting. He has a wealth of knowledge and has put us in good stead to be able to get out with some confidence. We even found a little nugget!! Bob introduced us to this website and we have been reading with great interest!! Looking forward to more of the same.

Thanks for that! You are right about Bob, and We will have lots of questions!! Really excited about this adventure we are on!

Haha!! We have been immersed in looking at maps, posts etc - so yes, it is ruling our life!!

Hi Karynjohn,
Welcome to the forum. Its great to see that you have joined us. As I said the other day , you will find heaps of great information on here.

I went back and searched around the area that you found your specimen and all that was there were nails :mad:

cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

That was just an incredibly lucky find in that spot!! Have had our earphones replaced, no problem, at Miner's Den, Parramatta. We have downloaded Hema maps and playing around with it. There is so much you can do with it! Good luck with your prospecting!