Welcome to 2019

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this today and just shook my head... :awful:

1571214919_homework1.jpg

8.( The world is on a downward spiral 8.(
My parents always taught me that the three r's will never be obsolete.

Glad you brought that up.

The whole point of anything is that it's understood.

Most doctors have illegible writing.

my pic post was in reference to shorthand/script that you may come across.

doesn't always appear legible until explained by the person who wrote it.

Well it seems like Ded Driver and I think along the same lines...

I shook my head at the fact that "offensive" is a better known, used, and understood word, than "rude".
Which sums up a lot of young people's attitude today. "I'm offended!" And there's my lame 'get out of doing something' excuse, not to do it!
So what? You're offended - toughen up and handle it! And dare I say, show your teacher some respect, and stop being a RUDE entitled brat!

And if that was the kid's mother, then she's just as bad, if not worse, to perpetuate this PC rubbish being passed onto her kid!

The fact that it was a mathematics question and the people were fictional characters mentioned in it; and there were various possible scenarios for the situation, other than suggesting someone was overweight compared to others; wasn't even considered! But you can't even mention "weight" these days, without someone being offended by it!

What about the scenario that Isabelle was a lot taller than the other two girls, and NOT overweight at all, but she weighed more than them! Did anyone consider that possibility before they got offended?!!

It's a world gone PC mad! :mad:

Made my day. :lol:

Being offended isnt an excuse to abandon all reason, nor responsibility. Sometimes I look at Miss 23 and Miss 16 and think havent done too bad, so much propaganda, misinformation and indoctrination its out of hand. Ive tried to teach them reasoning, logic, investigation, analysis and critical thinking to avoid getting swallowed up in agendas.

Sadly I fear much more like this is to come.

Teachers of all levels steer way out of their lanes and off curriculum, and theres a whole bunch of lefty parents out there encouraging it, and engaging their children further outside of the classroom with further nonsense.

We will all be the poorer for it in years to come.

Id love to take that child, tell them to complete their schoolwork responsibilities, then commit to a proper letter of complaint afterwards explaining why they were offended if they felt they needed action. That would be one short letter full of useless feel good mantras, no substance, and rightly put in the circular file. :brokenh:

My now 9yr old, and my 10yr old have a much better grasp of language, comprehension and writing, also a thicker skin.

They can determine that a mathematics question is not a social issue or comment directed at an individual.

It can take a lot to trigger them.

They have been raised in a caring loving totally NOT politically correct home.

They are empathetic but strong and tolerant people.

:)

Greenhornet_au said:
My now 9yr old, and my 10yr old have a much better grasp of language, comprehension and writing, also a thicker skin.

They can determine that a mathematics question is not a social issue or comment directed at an individual.

It can take a lot to trigger them.

They have been raised in a caring loving totally NOT politically correct home.

They are empathetic but strong and tolerant people.

:)
Kudos to you mate stick to your guns, need as many children steered to the old time tested paths as possible. Im sure they will appreciate your guidance long after theyve left the nest for decades to come . :Y:

Latest posts