Water in creeks/rivers in Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About time we got some rain in Victoria. Can't wait to get back out to creswick. Tempted to just take a pan and do some exploring/test panning while I wait for some flow to run my bazooka Gold trap sluice.

Ive been using a big rubber bucket from aldi $5 and taking 20 litres of water with me :) gets the fever out of the system for a short while

I've been working in Mackay for the last week fighting the rain.
We only had 300mm over the last few days.
But its still 30c
Good note. The rain is warm, well compaired to melbourne when its 30c and then rains and drops 10c
Then your just wet and cold.

Ok so by now a few more creeks and streams are running, but heres one for the diehards.picked up on a small irrigation channel that runs from lightening hill and out through the whip stick. Wide enough for s sluice and at it's peak will clear if classified to half inch. Check the roads that intersect with names sometime this weekend. Cheers.

Anything water running in reedy creek at Eldorado? Planning to go up for couple days near easter for a bit of a family camping trip with some gold panning :) Never been before though. But if it's just a couple stagnent pools of water may go somewhere else to enjoy the camping and forget the gold panning :p

Honestly, It's still very dry around Vic. Can't speak for Eldorado but if I was planning a gold panning trip I would hold off.

Creswick Creek is bone dry. Drove by yesterday on the way to Smeaton.

Yeh I think were in trouble this year guys I went to lake learmonth yesterday. This time last year I was pulling 5 pound rainbows put of here :(
1396826242_trouble.jpg
]
1396825536_tmp_20140406_152224-1142331390.jpg

Golden Tiger said:
Honestly, It's still very dry around Vic. Can't speak for Eldorado but if I was planning a gold panning trip I would hold off.

Oh, well we're gonna head there anyway even just to enjoy the camping. Hopefully some of this rain is reaching up there this week :)

Mate its been raining for two days now good rain too. I reckon theres plenty of olaces that would hold enought water to play in.

Drove past some central places outside the gt and did some spot checking. Little puddles no flow as yet.......cmon rain bring us your fury! On the upside a bit more running locally

as usual the main rivers (exempt ones) are flowing hard and strong and all the other are puddling up :) i'm genuinely worried that we aren't going to get the downpour we need though

thedigger said:
Take it easy Goldigg,you have got 3 more days of steady rain.

Thedigger

mate i'm speaking generally we just aren't getting the rain we need down here things are looking bleak for the farmers mate
1397037420_rain.png

Well my cousins down south, we are about to get our share of rainfor the year in a couple of days, Cyclone Ita is bearing down on us and due to hit Friday a bit North of here, it is going to bring a heap of rain and delay the start of the northern season by a few weeks to say the least.

If I could send it down your way I would, I just hope the rain keeps heading west and gives the farmers in the true outback a good soaking. God knows they need it.
1397037722_shgmsgita.jpg

This should give an idea of the impact for those who are not sure on what it means when a cyclone of this size hits our region.

The red is the predicted path, the yellow is the Palmer and Hodgkinson areas and other gold areas, the blue is the part that will be flooded for a few weeks

Cheers, Tone

Its been raining nice and steady over here at Creswick since yesterday,has,t reached the rat yet?

Thedigger

It is the best rain soaks in so as when we get a down pour it will rain.

it has killed the dryblowing for a while.

The digger

Certainly killed drywashing for a bit just when I found some good ground too :) im looking forward to getting wet for a bit though

G0lddigg@ said:
Yes mate as I saod abpve been raining for two days im greedy I want 2 weeks
X2 got some places scouted for the wet and dark part of the season.

Latest posts