Wash your hands Geoffrey

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone got some bars of Solvol soap laying around?
Time to cash in :p
1645434436_d0f35bd9-a8c8-48c3-84aa-9541ac18b162.jpg

I use the liquid but certainly not as good as the bar IMHO Probably better on soft skin hands as the liquid is no where as abrasive as the old bar :p

1645492687_solvol.jpg

All the old (railway) workshops, always had a bucket of sand (used in the loco sandboxes) next to the wash up sinks. Youd grab some soap and a half handful of sand and start scrubbing. Worked really well, but the drains needed to be cleaned out regularly because theyd fill up.
Solvol was way too fancy for the Railways.

like most in my era I grew up with Solvol.. bloody good stuff.

I went shopping for some Velvet soap not long back, couldn't find any :/

still do the same david ,a hand full of sand with a couple of squirts with the make my hands smell nice but does nothing else soap, that the company supplies in the loco shed

we used to have the solvol liquid and cake soap, but someone in the office thought it was nasty on our hands so we get the smell good, but good for nothing else soap now

but as you said the drain cleaners are kept busy :lol:

I only use Palmolive dishwashing liquid now. I've had plenty of expensive industrial hand cleaners but I haven't found anything better. Remember those Palmolive ads well they were true :)

I have a bottle of the full strength concentrate in the shed for various cleaning jobs but I dilute it a bit for the soap dispenses. I don't think I've had Solvol since I left Queensland forty years ago.

Latest posts