Warning garrett ebay item. seahunter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
listed item..........Garrett seahunter MK2 in Melbourne ends 9/6 at 20:50 AEST

This item has been listed before.
If these people don't get the price they want at auctions end they do not respond to the winning bidder for pickup/payment.
This leaves the winning bidder with an unpaid strike against there account and in dispute with ebay.

IMO dishonest selling methods may also mean dodgy unit......NO returns NO warranty !!
Be aware !!

You would think it would be pretty easy for ebay to work out this is a fraudulent sale...ie, seller not accepting highest legal bid. Still if the seller was banned they would just get someone else to do it for them. The other problem with fleabay is fake bidders pushing up the price.

Great warning and agree it's probably a bogus unit.

I had a seller do that to me a little while back when i won a graphics card. So i opened a bogus account and made a ridiculous bid on the relisted item that was never going to be beaten .... then just left HIM to waste his time trying to get paid lol.
Might have to try remember the account log in for the ole phantom account and give seahunter a nice BIG karma bid ;)

goldengoose said:

If these people don't get the price they want at auctions end they do not respond to the winning bidder for pickup/payment.
This leaves the winning bidder with an unpaid strike against there account and in dispute with ebay.

IMO dishonest selling methods may also mean dodgy unit......NO returns NO warranty !!
Be aware !!

Ebay send out payment invoices on behalf of the seller. Are you trying to scare us off the auction, get it cheaper for yourself? j/k lol

goldengoose said:

Be aware !!
Nah, mate - eBay is biased in favour of buyers, not sellers. The buyer would be advised by eBay to open a dispute via eBay channels and this process would eventually see the seller in trouble with eBay, NOT the buyer.

Further, as Rocket says, eBay send invoices automatically, they don't leave that task to the seller. Plus, eBay guarantee buyer satisfaction to the point where THEY will pay buyers' claims and then THEY will sort things out with the seller. Paypal essentially does the same thing - I know this from having asked them for help a couple of times with shonky sellers.

"NO returns NO warranty" doesn't apply to eBay - nowadays they make their own rules and enforce them to ensure satisfied buyers.

grubstake said:
goldengoose said:

Be aware !!
Nah, mate - eBay is biased in favour of buyers, not sellers. The buyer would be advised by eBay to open a dispute via eBay channels and this process would eventually see the seller in trouble with eBay, NOT the buyer.

Further, as Rocket says, eBay send invoices automatically, they don't leave that task to the seller. Plus, eBay guarantee buyer satisfaction to the point where THEY will pay buyers' claims and then THEY will sort things out with the seller. Paypal essentially does the same thing - I know this from having asked them for help a couple of times with shonky sellers.

"NO returns NO warranty" doesn't apply to eBay - nowadays they make their own rules and enforce them to ensure satisfied buyers.

Previously I had a small ebay shop (1000+ sales 100% feedback) and never left any customer unhappy. Know to well how ebay operate :). They never lose :)
In this case as a buyer I had no recourse and any feedback I leave to warn others of this guys practices would be removed.
PA members would not operate like this and hope others HERE don't fall victim.

Just putting it out there.
Cheers

My wife won a "new" jacket on ebay. Cost $15-00. The seller sent her a message that she had been trying to remove the item and it was no longer available. We are still getting payment requests from Ebay-automated-giving us the "shits". She says she cannot or does not know how to remove the item. Should have seen the bad comments made by my wife and score card-wow. The seller has a 85% rating now and the item is still there.
I too hope we don't have our credit rating affected by this"%$*ch".
Jaros. :mad:

Jaros said:
My wife won a "new" jacket on ebay. Cost $15-00. The seller sent her a message that she had been trying to remove the item and it was no longer available. We are still getting payment requests from Ebay-automated-giving us the "shits". She says she cannot or does not know how to remove the item. Should have seen the bad comments made by my wife and score card-wow. The seller has a 85% rating now and the item is still there.
I too hope we don't have our credit rating affected by this"%$*ch".
Jaros. :mad:

The seller can send you a request to cancel the order and the transaction will be removed and they get there fees back.
She can get assistance from ebay site its self or search the net if in doubt :)
Any feedback you leave to warn others will be removed by ebay automatically if it goes to dispute and ends in the sellers favor.

In the case of the seahunter I left a negative feedback to warn others and it was removed. Once my feedback was removed his rating went back up and he has relisted it.
It states in the ad the detector is to be picked up but I'm thinking that he wants to post it so it becomes harder/messy for the buyer to return and they won't have his address. He may fear it may come back through his window if he sells it locally.

I'm no expert and accept others opinions who may have had more than a mere few thousand transactions on the site
At the end of the day Jaros, it is only an ebay rating and most sellers will not exclude you from buying unless you have more strikes on your account.

goldengoose said:
Be aware !!
If the seller was unhappy with the $525 that the detector sold for back in April - http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=282001195472&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565 - he'll be doubly unhappy now, after the bidding for it on his latest auction stopped at $440:
http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=282052361134&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2765

What goes around comes around! :lol:

If its their own bid you will see it been listed again in a month or so.

If it was a genuine bid I wish the winning bidder well and hope that it does not cost to much for them to get it operating properly that is if the seller eventually honors the sale.

Fleabay are only interested in profits so will not act as sellers reserve full responsibility for there listings.

:)

grubstake said:

Thanks for the update Grubstake.

Fleabay a law of their own !!!!!!

This guy has been reported and they still allow him to sell ???? WTF
The AD needs to be reported by as many as possible and they might actually shut him down !!

Hi Bill,

I found my unit on Gumtree.
When I went to see it and the guy gave me detailed instruction of use and care/maintenance of unit.
It came with the standard belts etc and was in great condition. We found a price that was fair for both parties so keep looking and you will find an honest unit and seller.

Cheers

And now it's gone, prior to the end of the auction, with the message: This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

This detector sale has had more comebacks than Johnny Farnham, so it remains to be seen whether this time really is the finale of the saga.

Latest posts