walshie1000 videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to a spot I've been getting a few small bits for a few hours this arvo. After scraping an inch off it was sounding pretty good so I figured I'd film it. Its not edited or anything but its only a 3 min vid. Spent 5 mins trying to get my phone to stand up so I could film the find. Got 3 little bits for a total of .22g.
Hopefully I'll be able to get some bigger ones in the future but I'm happy to get any colour. This place was a rich alluvial field however it was generally small gold hence the 8 inch coil.

That 8" is dynamite on the small stuff. The enhance timing is by far the most sensitive to this small stuff. Didnt get any signal in normal or sharp prior to scraping. It was a faint signal before I scraped an inch off.

Probably a combination of a few different things backcreek haha.
Gpx 4500 with 8 inch commander. Running a stock external speaker until my mini guitar amp/speaker arrives.

Went out for a swing with Keano today. Did a bit of patch hunting in the hills with the small coil due to hurting my back late last night. Once i got down to rock hard clay and still had the target in the hole i figured it was more than likely a good target and decided to film in case anyone is interested.

Nice little chunk walshie, well done. Thanks for videoing ya find. Love the commentary. Classic :D

Cheers fellas. I should probably film more of my finds. I was fairly confident this was gold so figured I would film it. It was only about 75 ounces shy of the size I was after.

Latest posts