Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a bit of google research and read through the forum post and Wal talks about a 4 to 1 ratio in his video not sure what that means. But on most of the google links most recommend a slope of 1 inch drop for every foot in sluice box length.
Plus water flow and sampling.
I also downloaded an ipad app for a spirit level, surface level and inclinometer.
i think once i get it set up on the creek, I will need to just do some test runs and get my head around what works and what doesnt.

You have answered your own question. :lol:
1" to every foot down fall. That will get you within ball park.
With about 10 mm of water covering your Bread Crate.
What happens after that depends on what you are processing. :)
Just keep an eye on what the little bits of grains of sand are doing in between each riffle.
If you are really worried, Just drop the end of the Banker into a pan for half an hour then pan it out.
That is a very powerful bit of kit mate. :D
You wont lose much. :D :D

Well that didn't take long to read this whole thread ..lol

Now to give the Walbanker a try - will start moving along tomorrow and see what I can do to get this build happening

cheers
Keith

Keith1 said:
Well that didn't take long to read this whole thread ..lol

Now to give the Walbanker a try - will start moving along tomorrow and see what I can do to get this build happening

cheers
Keith
Good on ya Keith, rip into it mate, are you going to do stage by stage pics and posts? :)

Nice machine wal. I hope u dont mind, with a couple of mods to the hopper, i will turn it into super sluice for us queenslanders. :D

Rastys 1964 said:
Went and had a talk with Hunter Valley Sheetmetal in Singleton about making up the highbanker. He gave me a price of between $150-$200 for the basic sluice, the hopper and the leg supports all welded together.
I didn't think that was too bad of a price. I will let you know the final price once he finishes it in a couple of weeks.

Then I can start on the internals. In the mean time I will get the spray bar done.

Richard

Bit of a grave dig here, but how'd you go with this company in Singleton and are they still around?

I'm thinking of putting one together and am in the hunter. It shouldn't be to hard to find a place to bend up some sheet metal. catwalk mesh seems kind of rare though.

Maybe someone has one sitting out the back of there shed that hasn't got much use and wants to sell it?
I sent an E-mail to detectaden to see if he was still selling them after leaving Canberra but no reply and nothing on the website. over x-mas someone on PA said all that was left in the old DD shop in ACT was a walbanker. :(

Where do you guys get that slotted cable tray? Nobody here in USA seems to have it except a guy on Ebay and his slots are 0.60 inch x 1 inch. What is the slot size on the Walbanker? I found breadcrate and the raised aluminum catwalk, just need that slotted cable tray thing yet. Is there a size limit to gravels going thru the sluice?
Thanks.

-Tom V.

The cable tray is used to carry cables like Ethernet or mains supply. You can spot it
in a building running along a roof area holding cables. :)
Bit of a not very well worded answer but if you ask about it at an electrical supplier,
They should be able to help you. It is not worth much over here, around $25.00 for a 5 meter length.
Comes in two sizes, either 6 inches wide or 1 foot.
I used two 6 inch pieces side by side.
The middle ribs gave it more support.

tvanwho said:
Where do you guys get that slotted cable tray? Nobody here in USA seems to have it except a guy on Ebay and his slots are 0.60 inch x 1 inch. What is the slot size on the Walbanker? I found breadcrate and the raised aluminum catwalk, just need that slotted cable tray thing yet. Is there a size limit to gravels going thru the sluice?
Thanks.

-Tom V.

i have decided to replace my walbanker legs as the ones I had, were not strong enough to sustain the work load.
Replaced the cross section supports with with alluminum box 1x 4 and have drill the holes to take the PVC pipe.
Now i need to find alluminium pipe to weld into the cut holes to receive the PVC .. Its proving to be hard to find the right size pipe to do the job does any one have any ideas what I can use to brace the PVC pipe into to cut outs temporarily, so I can still use the legs on the banker with out the pipe ?
1459636219_image.jpg

I didn't worry about the pipe , just put the legs through the rhs and pin underneath ; allows some movement as a shaker if you get build up on riffles. Make sure you put some thing flat on the bottom of the legs or they will keep sinking on you and stuff the angle of the sluice, especially the back ones as you dump the pay dirt in they tend to sink.
1459640589_2015-10-26_001_003-optimized.jpg

Cheers LL

Had it for the last Eldarado trip , works great. Was my creek sluice and it grew, I use the smaller version as the creek sluice now,carry in one hand. Have to make a weekend outing soon, before it gets to wet and the creeks to deep & cold.
Cheers LL

Yep!!! Good plan....

I thought that it's getting colder over the years turns out it's more older than colder :8 8) ;)

Cheers

Bazz

Latest posts