Walbanker Finished!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rastys 1964

Richard Scott
Reaction score
I have finally got my Walbanker finished!!!

Cant wait to get out and give it a try.

I am thinking of heading out to Tuena this weekend but I have never been there before. Is there accommodation in town or is it better to camp by the creek?
Is anyone else going to be in the area on the weekend? I have never used a highbanker before so any hints on how to get the best out of it would be appreciated.

Hope to catch up with anyone in the area on the weekend.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard
I don't believe there is any accommodation at Tuena, the pub is closed but you can stay at the caravan park for ten dollars a night for a powered site and a dollar for a shower. We have not stayed there yet, only had a couple of day trips and did some sluicing. It is a truly lovely place and I can't wait to get our van and we can stay for a while.
Have a great time
Donna

Good luck with it on the weekend rastys. Hope someone can help you out down on the creek.

Just curious what you chose to go with for the water pump?

Hi Richard , I will be heading to Tuena on Sunday . The camp ground is the best place to setup & the shop has groceries , grog & petrol, but you need to bring main meal type food yourself. I will be near Limestone creek junction , about 100 metre south of town, so look out for Red Hilux

Cheers Paul

Paul,
I got out there Friday afternoon and left Sunday around lunch time.
What a beautiful part of Australia!!!!
Had a couple of beers with Mary-anne and Werner, Mary-anne has caught the fever in a big way but always open for a chat. When I first went down to the creek here she was in the middle of the creek happily digging away. She chuckled when I told here I knew her name because she was chasing gold in the middle of the creek.
I would encourage anyone going down that way to stop and have a chat with them.

The only disappointing bit about the weekend was the number of areas where some greedy people have dug into the banks and undermined the trees. There are plenty of spots for people to dig without causing damage to the creek so if you see someone digging in the wrong spot let them know and maybe grab a photo of them and their vehicle in case the wrong people get the blame.

The walbanker is an absolute weapon!! and the aussie pumps Qp154 is a perfect water supply. I panned out the first 2 bucket from the outlet of the walbanker and saw no sign of missed gold. still have to finish the concentrate but I expect I will have a little bit of gold at the end of the day. even without the gold it was a great weekend.

I know I am feeling all that gravel that I shovelled over the weekend. Those Walbankers are certainly greedy. I think I have a bit of fine tuning to do as I have never used a highbanker before.

Sorry I missed you on Sunday but I will definitely be heading back down one day.

Regards

Richard

Hey Richard , we would have passed each other, you going north , me going south. I got there at 1.00 & within 5 minutes of pulling in, a guy in a 4wd came up to me & asked if I had seen a red hilux with some guys !! . I thought after it may have been you, but surely would have thrown a name at me , so glad it wasnt in a way
Marry Anne was still in the middle & been there since Feb. I have urged her to join the forum,as all the regulars to that part of the creek know her already.
We must have put a couple of tonnes through the Walbanker, haven't panned the clean out yet , but found these 2 beauties already.
Hope to catch up next time you come down. I go there every 3 weeks , Cheers Paul
1378726471_photo0166.jpg

Latest posts