Waanyarra Campground?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VGH the rules relating to fires (cooking /camp) for Victoria are well spelt out on the CFA website the only variation to this will be from the Mt Alexander Shire that oversees this municipality. Just about every man and his dog with a detector has been to Wannyarra and I'll say it again, go there and familiarise yourself with the place it fantastic for getting the outdoor fix and if you just happen to have your coil/s in the right place you might well be rewarded for doing so.

As for fires YOU MUST be in attendance whilst it is lit for your safety and the safety of the community you are in, if not put it out and relight it as necessary. As for regulations you MUST have 3 metres of cleared ground around your fire and 7 metres above and not to exceed 1 metre in diameter (no logs/combustibles hanging either side) these rules are explained on the CFA website. As for fire restrictions still in place it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to know the weather forecast and act appropriately IE strong winds EXTINGUISH your fire or don't light it in the first place. Even though fire restrictions are still in force you are permitted to use a fire for the purpose of cooking if it is SAFE to do so, if it's a TFB (Total Fire Ban) do not under any circumstances have a fire lit or light one.

So if I were you I'd read up on the CFA website and familiarise yourself and also Contact the Mt Alexander Shire or view their website to be certain. If you don't have a chainsaw you will be restricted to timber of 1 metre or less or that you can chop to 1 metre or less. Fire season is due to end on the 1st of May however with the extended dry season it might be extended for this reason you must familiarise yourself with both CFA and Mt Alexander Shire current regulations.

Hope this helps.

Here's the status of the fire restrictions at present depending on your intended camp dates I'd still check both websites before heading off.
1556063808_img_20190424_095724.jpg

I have been there a couple of times. Everyone had fires when I was there at Easter last year. Great campsite with huge diggings right beside the campsite

My bad :( the shire you want to check in with for Dunolly is Central Goldfields Shire :) sorry I travel through too many shires and get a bit confused by the looks of it :lol:

Redfin said:
Fire restrictions have been extended until mid May.

Not according to the CFA as of midnight tonight CFA fire restrictions end for Central Goldfields Shire. The extension must be local council, this is the exact reason to check both websites.

1556616024_img_20190430_192219.jpg

Well there you go, I heard it on the radio, another example of a journalist not doing their homework. [fake news]
Seems only a few shires involved.

1556665721_capture.jpg

Latest posts