WA roads Wiluna to Meekatharra and Newman to Marble Bar.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all, I am planning to head from Kalgoorlie to Marble Bar, wondered if any members have travelled much on the road between Newman and Marble Bar, I know they are marked as maintained dirt roads and most of the roads here are pretty well kept, is the most I have to expect a fair bit of corrugation? It does cut a heap off going around to Port Hedland and back. I am not really sure where to start at Marble Bar, depends I suppose how much of the area has live tenements, will see the office at Marble Bar and see what they can tell me, it seems to be more about where you can go than where you want to go! I am going through a pretty steep learning curve at the minute. Any help would be greatly appreciated, best of luck to all

Just did a trip from Nullagine to Newman yesterday. The old road has changed as they take you past the Roy Hill camp now. Yes be prepared for heaps of corrugated road, doubles and triples are lucky to do 15 to 20 klm's an hour. The other big thing is to watch out for cattle, very hard to see at night. The staff at Marble Bar mining department are very helpful and I can not speak highly enough of them, will assist you with any enquiries and even print off tenegraph maps. If you want any more info on anything give me a yell.

Latest posts