WA Overland bush too crowded???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So they cannot go to Bali.

Never seen so so many 4x4 on the roads north and east.

Now the parks are full starting to go in land.

May give this season a miss.

Any one else in WA had the this experience?

I say forget this year. A few days here and there could still keep the interest in the hobby plus enjoying the camping lifestyle with the people you meet tops it up.

Think ALL Australian travel destinations will be pretty full for 12 -18 months while overseas travel is effectively banned.

Thought a lot of people would have had to use up annual/long service leave entitlements to cover them during lockdown work restrictions, that 'may' reduce a few numbers.

DO NOT expect any bargain deals by any of the caravan parks/hotels/motels/camping grounds that have been crying poor ...... they'll stick us up big time to get some cash back in their pockets.

And as for Scomo spending $50 million to encourage Aussies to holiday in OZ ..... WTF we can't go anywhere else why waste that sort of money.

Teemore - Yep nail being hit on the head

Jaros - understand what you say, too many parties & loud music in the bush!

mudgee hunter said:
Well Scomo just up'd $15 on a pouch of tabaco! 15%!!!!
If Any other tax went up li,e tabaco tax.... there would be major protests!

Biggest ripoff in the universe, I still smoke but getting to the stage I just can't afford it going forward, $62.50 for a 40 pack.
With a pack lasting say 3 days that's over $7,000 ...... be more for a heavy smoker.

Giving up causes stress, wonder if this leads to potential family violence as family budgets are stretched to the limit.

Teemore said:
mudgee hunter said:
Well Scomo just up'd $15 on a pouch of tabaco! 15%!!!!
If Any other tax went up li,e tabaco tax.... there would be major protests!

Biggest ripoff in the universe, I still smoke but getting to the stage I just can't afford it going forward, $62.50 for a 40 pack.
With a pack lasting say 3 days that's over $7,000 ...... be more for a heavy smoker.

Giving up causes stress, wonder if this leads to potential family violence as family budgets are stretched to the limit.
I agree. Not the best timing to put a massive tax rise on tobacco
People are probably smoking more than usual.
I don't think it's about health anymore it a tax grab.
Alcohol not far behind

An estimated 800 new prospectors in Victoria every day thanks to Co-vid, mainly people in their 20s.
Going by the Facebook groups many have ignored the level 4 travel restrictions, some are not filling holes?
Parks Victoria busted someone detecting in the Grampians National Park.

Sad days indeed. 8.(

I'm at linster caravan park right now as I type this and besides myself there is only 3 other vans here. Last night I was at a place called Rowles Lagoon near Orabanda and there was only another 5 vehicles there. Fairly empty for a long weekend and I was really surprised.

HANG ON THRRE!
No offence to OP!
Firstly everyone bags Australians for going overseas and not seeing "Down Under" instead!
Secondly, this would have to be the WORST place to bitch about newbies trying a new to them, old Aussie past time!
To those whom are worried about a the influx of newbies finding gold.....good for them and screw you!
Educate them of right and wrong and go for it! I say!
I don't care if there is a 500%:increase in the hobby!
More votes against the crap we are facing!
Australia was partially made and created on the dreams of finding GOLD!
Finally people are being real and some bag it out secretly hiding it.... get real!
Some think they are members of some underground secret organisation!
Pfffft !
Not many secret spots left in Australia!
Just some are better than others!

Swinging & digging said:
An estimated 800 new prospectors in Victoria every day thanks to Co-vid, mainly people in their 20s.
Going by the Facebook groups many have ignored the level 4 travel restrictions, some are not filling holes?
Parks Victoria busted someone detecting in the Grampians National Park.

Sad days indeed. 8.(

Ideal time for govt to be supporting the hobby , it gets people out exercising away from others and a bit of gold gives them a little food in their pocket which puts less strain on unemployment benefits.

Its all very well for police to fine people who jump in a car and go to a party during COVID restrictions but we need less of people being fined for walking at the park or beach , or going out Bush.

Latest posts