Virgin Ground!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1543091041_img_20181125_061238.jpg

Hi Guys. Been a long time since I've posted anything on here, but thought this was of note. I decided to try a spot that I have dismissed for a while thinking to myself that it would have been pounded by every man and his dog. Boy, was I wrong.. You know that feeling you get when you realise you're the 1st person to run a detector over some ground? A very pleasant surprise! Pretty hard place to detect with the ground balancing at 96 on the AT max with the 5*8 coil. Loaded with rubbish and what looks like shards of tinsel foil from Christmas's gone by. Had to run the Max with only 2 bars of sensitivity/gain and it was still sparking and complaining. Worth it though, what you see in the pic was a 3 hour hunt. $65 in spendables, the ring is heavy but I think it's stainless and the cut penny is interesting. I'll be going back to this spot for sure. Just goes to show, some of the best spots may be right under your nose. I wonder how many others have passed up that place thinking it would be no good.....
Cheers.

Moneybox said:
Towelly, What are the little Queensland shaped bits?

Hi Moneybox. They are badges of a scouts uniform. I think they come off the leather thing that holds the scarf in place.

Latest posts