Victorian Goldfields. Push to be Heritage listed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here maybe the sticking point in this current fiscal climate.

"The group is also hoping to acquire a $25 million fund for councils to help with the maintenance of heritage assets.

In the immediate future the group of councils are hoping to secure two years worth of funded research at Federation University for the feasibility of the application. "

And look some areas may need protection from councils removing rock and soil.
I wonder if the have also factored into the mix the significant loss or revenue in areas which see very little tourist dollars.

Do you think any of these do gooders "factor in" anything other than their own self interest and what they perceive is the community best interest

Of course all of this is usually done without checking with the suckers (tax payers) who need to fund their great plans ]:D

Funny !!!! I don't ever remember being asked about something that was being done in MY best interest..................

Sorry!!! got up on the grumpy side this morning...

Is there anything we can do to raise the profile of the "against" argument????

Cheers

Bazz

Problem being this is a grab for cash, not spending it......they wont get the 25 mill needed just to police their enforcement, leave alone maintain it??

What are they gonna do?
Chain a pitbull to every puddler in the region?

Bazz said:
Do you think any of these do gooders "factor in" anything other than their own self interest and what they perceive is the community best interest

Of course all of this is usually done without checking with the suckers (tax payers) who need to fund their great plans ]:D

Funny !!!! I don't ever remember being asked about something that was being done in MY best interest..................

Cheers

Bazz

Come on now, has anybody in power ever wanted our advice??? I don't remember them asking me if I wanted speed cameras put up. But we all know that they generate revenue for them. You gotta love our government dictatorship. Unfortunately you just can't vote them out. Apart from being encouraged to watch football on our TV's to keep us quiet, what else can we do now? :mad:

graybeard77 said:
Bazz said:

Cheers

Bazz

Come on now, has anybody in power ever wanted our advice??? I don't remember them asking me if I wanted speed cameras put up. But we all know that they generate revenue for them. You gotta love our government dictatorship. Unfortunately you just can't vote them out. Apart from being encouraged to watch football on our TV's to keep us quiet, what else can we do now? :mad:

That's a good question, it appears that we live in some kind of alternative universe were everything is said and done.

Before you guys get the pitchforks out,as far as im aware at least in Bendigo they're only talking about saving and protecting things like the old Bendigo Gas Works.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/4650881/city-in-world-heritage-talks-photos/
rcbgo-in-OldGasworks-Bendigo_009.jpg

madhatter said:
EUREKA 2017!!!

sorry, couldn't help myself :)

We must put a stop to these morons and stand up and fight for "our" rights!!!!

Theres diffrent tactics used now to snub out spot fires.
Imagine eureka played out with the arsenals some groups now own . Would make a interesting Hollywood blockbuster .

Would be nice if PMAV could keep us informed.
I would hope PMAV are involved in helping everyone understand what does and does not need protecting?

Because i do think some things like the Bendigo Gas Works ect need to be protected and turned into a tourist/Historical attraction.
Just leave the diggings to us.

LC76 said:
Are you guys actually reading the information or just the Headlines?

If you mean the part that says,
"The Castlemaine diggings, which are already recognised by the state and federal governments as a national heritage park is obviously a prime one."

and the part that says,
"If you look at where gold mining took place in the central Victoria area there was gold mining on the eastern and southern side of Ballarat, right across to the Grampians, to Stawell, and then right up to places like Wedderburn and then right across to Rushworth, which is in Campaspe, and then down through places like Malmsbury and so on which take in the Macedon Ranges."

Then I think the answer is "Yes". :(

Doesn't sound good :N:.

Talk to your local PMAV branch and find out what they know about it and their views on how it will affect us. The PMAV would have some knowledge of this and I'm sure they'll be working hard in the background to get the best outcome for prospecting/small scale mining.

If anyone is a rate payer within these shires start talking to them and don't let up. Keep it civil gain as much information as you can in writing and share the information you get with your local PMAV.

Latest posts