Victorian and SA members

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need one of these fires to take out the hellishly overgrown Jupiter Creek and Chapel Hill, that would be a godsend! On the flipside, I have relatives living just outside of Laura, right in the path of the fires, so I hope they get them under control. :(

Fairly safe down here where I am at Goolwa. I have some close friends in Upper Sturt road though and they were luck the fire went arround their house. Sounds like they need to revise their emergency plan though. They have irigation set up over their house and they started it before evacuating. A portable petrol fire pump feeds the irrigation system from a tank. The tank is fed via an electric bore pump.
Seems they had never test how long a tank of fuel lasts. When they returned home, the fire water pump had run out of fuel and there was localised flooding around the tank. Bore pump kept running.
Larger fuel supply needed for the fire water pump me thinks.
Thats what I call a free lesson. up to them to learn now.

I hope everyone else fairs well and if the fires were deliberately lit, I hope they catch the ^*)^^%%^$.

Cliff

Latest posts