Very Rare Gold Books By James Flett

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am selling 4 very rare or hard to find gold books by James Flett. These have come from the James Flett's family estate and I'm selling them on their behalf.

The 1st two are "The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria". 1st published in 1970. Second addition was in 1979.These two books are from the 3rd addition reprint of 1981. These were last reprinted in 2001. As I can gather there will not be any more printed from now on. The bottom book in the photo is the 2001 addition. "Notice the different cover print." (This one is mine and not for sale)
I'm asking $95.00 for the one on the left as it is in sightly better condition. And the one on the right $85.00. This one has slight water stains on the back cover.

1449469576_dsc02223.jpg

The next two are "Maryborough Goldfields History" by James Flett. One on the left in a 1st. addition, published in 1975. I'm asking $100.00.The one on the right is a reprint in 1980. Looking for $85.00 for that. you will notice that the second addition had a "green" binder, were the other had a dark brown binder. The second addition book also has a clear plastic cover. Both books are in very good condition for there age.

1449469645_dsc02224.jpg

These can be picked up at Maryborough Vic. or posted out at a additional cost of $14.00. Two books will be slightly cheaper.
If you are intersted please PM me.
wombat ;)

Got them all except the Maryborough one. Might buy that, check my cash levels and see.
Great books.
GT :)

goldtruck59 said:
Got them all except the Maryborough one. Might buy that, check my cash levels and see.
Great books.

He did the Maryborough Goldfields. (I've got a signed 1st addition of that.) I've also got the 1st addition of Dunolly and 1st addition of "A Pictorial History of the Victorian Goldfields published in 1977. Not many of these books were ever published. And I've got the 4th addition of "The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria" The one I have not got is the one that James Flett did about old Pubs, Hotels and Guest Houses of the Victorian Goldfields. The Flett family is trying to track one down for me.
wombat ;)

The 1st addition of the Maryborough Goldfields is now sold. But I've still got the 2nd addition of the same book still for sale.
wombat ;)

wombat said:
goldtruck59 said:
Great books.

He did the Maryborough Goldfields. (I've got a signed 1st addition of that.) I've also got the 1st addition of Dunolly and 1st addition of "A Pictorial History of the Victorian Goldfields published in 1977. Not many of these books were ever published. And I've got the 4th addition of "The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria" The one I have not got is the one that James Flett did about old Pubs, Hotels and Guest Houses of the Victorian Goldfields. The Flett family is trying to track one down for me.
wombat ;)

Ive got that too mate !!! took me a while to get one and eventually got it on ebay for 20 bucks !!

goldtruck59 said:
wombat said:
goldtruck59 said:
Great books.

wombat ;)

Ive got that too mate !!! took me a while to get one and eventually got it on ebay for 20 bucks !!

Great mate. Is it a worthwhile book to get.
wombat ;)

$85 one of "The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria" has now been sold.

I still have the 2nd addition "Maryborough Goldfield History" for $85. + postage

And also the 3rd addition of "The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria" for $95. + postage

both books are rare and hard to come bye.
wombat ;)

Hi Wombat,

I sent you a PM. I will grab the History of gold discovery in Vic but I will need it posted.PM me your details so we can secure the deal :)

I now only have one more book left and that is the 2nd addition of Maryborough Goldfield History" selling for $85.00 + $14.00 postage (if need be)
wombat ;)

Wally69 said:
Dononly one on eBay if anyone is interested

$70 is not a bad price for a second addition.

I have got the 1st addition. The same painting on the front cover but the 1st addition come out in colour. Also the painting was done by James Flett himself. Not only was he a writer of history but also a artist. He went to France as a young boy to learn.
wombat ;)

1449570076_flett.jpg

Is this the book your after Wombat? Perhaps we can trade if you can come by sometime.
GT

No its 1981 Wombatter. I think Ill keep it anyway. I only need the Maryborough book to complete my collection, if I had the spare dinars I would get yours.
Good luck with your inquiries.
GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts