Very handy product from Bunnings.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this very handy product in Bunnings, Selleys Knead It - Polymer Repair System.
Wanted to fill some holes in aluminium, you cut a piece from the roll and then knead it until it is a consistent colour and press into the hole and smooth it of with water. It sets very quickly so don't mess about.
After it has hardened it can be sand papered.
(Beats me how the two mix is together and kneading it activates the hardening?)
Will definitely include it in my going away kit.

Its a great piece of equiptment to have around. Ive used it a few times over the years to rectify small "accidents" in the workshop . Just cut a piece off to use, slip the rest back in the tube and put it in the draw for next time. Like Nightjar said it works a treat.

I had reason to use this recently.
The top plastic tank on the radiator in the Landcruiser split at the top hose.
I just roughed it up with 60 grit paper, cleaned it with metho and stuck it on.
It worked well and got me home without any leaks.
Needles to say I replaced the radiator with a copper and brass unit so this will never happen again.

It's a great item to have in the kit in the car, it has a million and one uses but be aware that it does go off over time.

I can vouch for this stuff..

After coming back from a rock crawling trip in the Watagans NP [NSW] I discovered in the morning the Hilux was resting in a pool of diesel, seems when I was dragging the Hilux up, over and down rock ledges all day the fuel tank ruptured when it took a good knock which I hadn't notice on the day but I did hear a slight whistling noise during the trip and investigated accordingly and made the conclusion it was the rear diff breather as on a previous trip the diff breather was whistling after dunking the Hilux through a big bog hole.. I went out and bought some Knead it, drained the fuel tank, prepped the site and patched it.. Before patching I did some online research and I read up for best patching method which went like this: Prep, patch one thin layer and while it is wet, press in gauze from an first aid pack and then press in another layer so you have a reinforced patch.

It has been 3 years now and no issues with leaks considering its fuel soaked..

Prep is the key!

Cheers,

Ross

yes this stuff works. I have used one called instant steel to fix a leaky petrol tank 2 years on still there no leaks. allways carry some

There is also stuff called 'Liquid metal' which comes in very handy when a seal is needed in the kitchen sink because 'someone' dropped a knife which pierced the bottom. A little bit of 'liquid metal' and all fixed. Even has the look of steal.

Latest posts