V3i and RACER combo effort.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Headed on up to Hill End this morning, and after meeting up with some folks who purchased both RACER and Nokta FG for a little heads up on each one out in the field. It was time to chose the weapon for the morning stint.....i chose the RACER first up and the points were on the board after a short boundary lap of the area of interest. Among all the other usual stuff, only the best get their pictures taken...and one for the collection is this cricket buckle found with the RACER.

With a find that would be hard to match with the RACER, i headed back and grabbed the good ol V3i...i loaded one of my modded programs, and i was off like a bag of prawns in the hot sun.
First off the rank was this old timers fob watch...darn thing is almost intact....never to mind, given all the other bits of fob watches iv found in the area in the past...im sure i can rebuilt it. :lol: :lol:

Next item of interest was a deep coin/token...running single freq 2.5khz i was able to make good use of my pick when digging this one...i forgot just how deep the v3i with the D2 coil can see.

Shortly after the first token was found, i stumbled onto another coin...this one must have seen a little traffic in its day cause all the print.. bar just a few letters has warn off. Ok, must have forgot to upload the pic for that one...doesn't matter... :8 Group photo showing the wire thingy with the button looking fing on the end.

Nuggetbuster said:
Nice finds... Are you trying to make me change my mind about selling the V3i???
Your not selling your v3i are you.??....are you mental!!! :lol:

After going from the RACER using the 10x5, to the v3i with D2 coil.....i was reminded of the depth difference. :mad:

Latest posts