Using the gpz7000 with the SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi just curious.
I was looking to get some advice using the Z with the SDC?
Using the Z to find and the sdc to pinpoint ( smaller hole required )
Can you have the SDC near the GPZ or does it send the Z haywire?
Is there are recommended separation distance ?

thanks Scotty

They don't like being near each other Scotty from my experience, i would think around 10-15 metres from each other but the 7 boys would know that more than me. You could always locate with the 7 and mark the signal and go back with the 2300 after you've got a few to dig? Nice position to be in mate, having both at your disposal :lol:

scottlucky said:
Thanks for the feedback

I usually have a mate swinging the 2300 who is a handy digger as well.
Easier for him to turn his off me thinks.

:)
Well if you were a real mate, you wait in the car and let him have first dibs with his sdc before you brought out the big guns scotty :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelPat said:
Scrounger you were more upset with the noise of my coil on the ground rather than any interference from the machine lol
Oh, i forgot about that Pat, that's very true, your 7 wasn't a problem at how many meters do you reckon? Yeah, the sound of your coil scraping on the quartz etc was really putting me off listening and that was with my earphones on!
Mind you, i am a very finely tuned arteeest mate, with unbelievable perception skills, my wife reckons i'm like a finely tuned thoroughbred :lol: :lol: :lol: Well she said something about a knackery at least :lol: which i interpreted as her complimenting me on being a stud 'horse' if you get my drift ;) ;) ;)

SCROUNGER said:
Of course the sdcs rule so just leave the 45s and 7s in the truck fellas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scrounger it's interesting how it works out. This patch we just did gave us 250 pieces averaging 0.14g last year with the SDC. This time I had the 4500 with the 14" Elite and the on the first day I had 15 pieces while the SDC was just swinging in the breeze. She got it going in the end and actually pulled out the largest nugget at 2g but we took all the SDC gold last year :)

1463717345_gold_8.63g.jpg

We only had three and a half days this time and the 4500 gave us much better sizes that were too deep for the SDC in hot ground.

SCROUNGER said:
SteelPat said:
Scrounger you were more upset with the noise of my coil on the ground rather than any interference from the machine lol
Oh, i forgot about that Pat, that's very true, your 7 wasn't a problem at how many meters do you reckon? Yeah, the sound of your coil scraping on the quartz etc was really putting me off listening and that was with my earphones on!
Mind you, i am a very finely tuned arteeest mate, with unbelievable perception skills, my wife reckons i'm like a finely tuned thoroughbred :lol: :lol: :lol: Well she said something about a knackery at least :lol: which i interpreted as her complimenting me on being a stud 'horse' if you get my drift ;) ;) ;)

We were probably only 10m apart at one stage. I couldnt hear your SDC and all you heard was the sound of my magnificence (coil scraping on ground).

Moneybox said:
SCROUNGER said:
Of course the sdcs rule so just leave the 45s and 7s in the truck fellas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scrounger it's interesting how it works out. This patch we just did gave us 250 pieces averaging 0.14g last year with the SDC. This time I had the 4500 with the 14" Elite and the on the first day I had 15 pieces while the SDC was just swinging in the breeze. She got it going in the end and actually pulled out the largest nugget at 2g but we took all the SDC gold last year :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1463717345_gold_8.63g.jpg

We only had three and a half days this time and the 4500 gave us much better sizes that were too deep for the SDC in hot ground.
I think that's it Moneybox, one machine compliments the other for sure. Be that 45 or 5 running in conjunction with the sdc. The 7000 would find them all and deeper, so you only need one machine, but maybe it becomes a problem to locate and isolate the small flyspecks? ???

money banks I think you may need to hire a 7000 our get someone who has.

I went out for a hands on tutorial a few weeks ago with John Gutmanis from " eureka prosecting "

He is now over in WA for 5 months full time, thinks WA is the best place on earth ( for gold ) , a great bloke.

Every detector seems to have its own niche

good luck

I think it's probably a bit of overkill & would probably take awhile by the time you call your mate over & turn machines on/off. I don't know if I'd obligingly come over everytime my mate got a target to pinpoint for him if I was on the SDC. Not that I wouldn't want to help a mate but I'd want to be using my time on the goldfields well too - unless you've got a 50/50 deal going. :D
I'm finding that the shallow &/or smaller bits (unless they're the micro small ones) aren't too bad to find once you get used to the Zed a bit. It's the larger deeper targets that I sometimes have trouble with or end up slightly off target on & I just use a regular pinpointer then, although I'm getting better with those now too. I don't know that your hole for the deeper targets would be all that much smaller either? I dug a 2 foot hole in a mullock heap (for fuggets :lol: ) & it was still a fair sized hole just to move the 8" coil around a bit that deep. The SDC can get swamped by large targets too making pinpointing difficult anyway.
I did see some advice for the large deep targets with the GPZ to turn the sensitivity down to 1 to pinpoint but I haven't tried it yet.

1463782913_sdc_shoulder_bag.jpg
If interested I just had a bag made up by Dean at DD Leather so I can carry SDC with me when venturing far from the vehicle. Leaves SDC with first leg of shaft out and handle in operating position. Bag is approx 700 x 300 with a shoulder strap so one can carry across back. You don't know it's there in fact Dean ended up doing one for himself for long walk in areas. Found several times when I had ended up a few K's from the car that it was a pain when you found an area that was productive :p but hard to detect with the big coils and saves a long walk back. Plus saves a heap of time wasted when you could be digging out those shiny bits :D For me it really depends on the area you detect ? Some places totally not needed other places a bonus plus but for me best results have come from the hardest to get to places ;) You can also pack other items in with it if so needed and ideal for packing / protecting when in car.
As always Deans products are top quality .................... yeah it's a plug but credit where it's due.
:)

Gee I like that. :) :)
True about what the bag is hiding.
At least is does not have " Expensive item in here "
written all over it.
Have to engage him to make one for a 4500 when I get
it shortly.

Tathradj said:
Gee I like that. :) :)
True about what the bag is hiding.
At least is does not have " Expensive item in here "
written all over it.
Have to engage him to make one for a 4500 when I get
it shortly.

Tath that's the GPX bag you can see in front of the other.................... quilt padded and made to last