Urgent stolen GPZ7000 - The Prospectors Pick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Urgent stolen GPZ7000 from our hire department please like and share to help us recover our stolen detector.

If you come across Tauri Haabma with our detector please call the Police or The Prospectors Pick

1431936925_1450237_681003808693660_6672872034359765840_n.jpg

Must have had a few different forms of ID in the same name maybe....... I can understand why some shops demand the replacement value as a deposit.

AM that really sucks, incidentally are you still doing repairs on Garrett pin pointers, I have two that need attention. Ian

Stolen, down a mine shaft or on that patch in the middle of nowhere that he just can't pry himself away from?

The ID may have been fake but the photo was probably the perp. I would have it blown up and plastered all over the goldfields over there. Someone will see him eventually.

Sorry I can't help AM but this jerk needs to be rounded up and sent as cannon fodder in some warzone somewhere

Willo said:
AM that really sucks, incidentally are you still doing repairs on Garrett pin pointers, I have two that need attention. Ian

I am doing my best to repair and of recent times I am getting a better outcome - NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE.

A: Warranty first - if no joy = Me or the bin..

B: If me - cost you postage to send them to me.. I take a look have a play do my best... TEST as best I can.

c: You could be lucky and have 2 working or NONE :-( but you dont know, unless you try. NO fix = NO CHARGE... Cost is postage and about $30 plus or minus a bit if I fix.

AND to all that have commented as to the stolen GPZ7000 - The Prospectors Pick. I have no involvement with them, but saw a post on social media and thought - need to spread the word..

Bad enough that some low life rips someone off, but then they will sell it and some other poor bastard will lose it to the police and their $$$$ as well.... Reciver of stolen goods never wins...

Same happened to GoldSearch in Dunolly with a couple of 5k's not too long ago....Indian national with false ID.

Sadly, the police wont help. They say its a civil matter as technically its not theft (the shop handed the detector over willingly under a contract agreement).
Its a breach of contract at best.
To recover costs, you must pursue a civil action against the offender.

Its BS i know, but its what most are finding out today......If you hire detectors, especially cutting edge tech, protect yourself against this happening.

Having said this, if i come across this rat-bag in the field AM, rest assured he will be involved in creating some amusement for the boys whilst we are waiting for the authorities to pick him up.

Cheers ;)

Metamorphic said:
Same happened to GoldSearch in Dunolly with a couple of 5k's not too long ago....Indian national with false ID.

Sadly, the police wont help. They say its a civil matter as technically its not theft (the shop handed the detector over willingly under a contract agreement).
Bloody well sad that is, I bet if you caught the bloke an introduced the back of your hand to his chin you'd be in the poo :mad:
'Douchebag of the week' award for that thieving sod

MJB said:
Sorry I can't help AM but this jerk needs to be rounded up and sent as cannon fodder in some warzone somewhere

at a guess I reckon that's probably where the prick is from. Blunt nails driven under his fingernails would be perfect punishment here.

mfdes said:
The photo looks like it could be this guy:
https://soundcloud.com/tauri-haabma
http://new.spring.me/#!/user/taurihaabma
The name is Estonian, by the sound of it. Did he have a European accent?
Probably a stupid question, but has anyone tried the address on the licence? Maybe the theft of the detector is a civil matter, but I think false drivers licences would be a police matter.

That isn't a Driver's Licence, it's a WA Proof of Age card, used primarily when buying liquor or for admission to licensed premises.

Metamorphic said:

To recover costs, you must pursue a civil action against the offender.

Its BS i know, but its what most are finding out today......If you hire detectors, especially cutting edge tech, protect yourself against this happening.

Having said this, if i come across this rat-bag in the field AM, rest assured he will be involved in creating some amusement for the boys whilst we are waiting for the authorities to pick him up.

Cheers ;)

If a hire is returned late, it is a civil matter, but if the intention is to permanently deprive then it is larceny. The cops are being lazy in such a case, in my opinion.

Same thing happened to Miners Den Sydney. Basically a syndicate hired out pretty well all the gear with fake id's and it was never seen again. Hence they no longer hire equipment :( . I think all shops will eventually follow their lead unfortunately.

grubstake said:
That isn't a Driver's Licence, it's a WA Proof of Age card, used primarily when buying liquor or for admission to licensed premises.

My bad. Anyway, it is probably still an official document, probably the equivalent of a Stat Dec. It would still be document fraud if it's a fake.

Edit: spelling.

Latest posts