Upper caboolture, Glass House area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has local knowledge of the upper caboolture region and gold deposits, I have a property there close to a large hard rock quarry in the foothills and I have enormous quartz deposits present some areas large veins sandwiched between shale and eroded veins and patches everywhere, I have found perfectly terminated gem quality quartz crystals around 20mm in length when the sun comes out after rain ,also I have areas of deep red soil full of quartz ,where I have been present for 3 lighting strikes in 5 years killing a large tree each time all 3 trees are within 20m2 patch of heavy loose quartz and veins,BUT as far as I am aware the area has little to no history of gold finds or gemstones, so any info would be great, I am confident as I have found a large calcite geode deposit in Petrie before and thunder eggs between caboolture and ocean view, look forward to replies.

I have an old gemological text book that lists Caboolture as a source of gem beryl. It does not mention the variety or the quality. Always wondered where.
Beryl usually is associated with pegmatites and as far as I can remember is formed through hydrothermal action.
Very interested about the Quartz crystals.
Send me a PM if you like and I'll find the book and get the exact details, and other finds I had in the vicinity some 30 years ago.
Torrington NSW has deposited of Aquamarine and emerald, might be similar geologically.

Latest posts