Update on our grandson Thomas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to hear Rod. I'm glad your PA family were able to help you out through this rough period. Best of luck to the little fella.

DD

Fantastic news Rod. These are among the toughest of times for the entire family and touches everyone connected as well. Staying positive is the key and with the wonderful things which the surgeons are able to do, is absolutely amazing.

I guess no one really knows exactly what's all involved until unfortunately it touches them personally as it did with my niece at the beginning of this year. After chemo and all follow up tests, she's clear (minus a breast) but there is nothing as great as prayer, hope and support and I know you and your family have all of that.

My best wishes to Thomas and everyone concerned. You're all in my thoughts and I'm looking forward to hearing about his wonderful progress :)

gavfromoz said:
I guess no one really knows exactly what's all involved until unfortunately it touches them personally as it did with my niece at the beginning of this year. After chemo and all follow up tests, she's clear (minus a breast) but there is nothing as great as prayer, hope and support and I know you and your family have all of that.

My best wishes to Thomas and everyone concerned. You're all in my thoughts and I'm looking forward to hearing about his wonderful progress :)

As you say Gav, you don't know until it touches you're loved ones.
Last night the host asked anyone in the room not touched by cancer to raise their hand.
No one did. Hideous thing it is.

Hey Ramjet was good to be able to help support a good cause ... all the best for the future will stay in touch and catch up soon for a swing ...
love from the wooster family

Sorry for the late reply Rod, we've only just got home from one of the busiest weekends we've had in a long time. I don't think I'll be awake for to much longer lol.

I'm happy to have supported such a worthy cause and we had a great afternoon meeting you and your family. We wish Thomas all the best and hope he gets some enjoyment out the fun pack Kylie put together for him. The night certainly wasn't short of generous people and they should all be very proud of themselves. I hope the night raised a bucket load.

And as always it was great catching up with Mr and Mrs Wooster.

Ramjet said:
Over $13000 raised.
A huge thank you to all the generous people.
We are overwhelmed by all the support.

What a fantastic result Rod, well done to everyone who contributed.

That's fantastic Rod. It's so wonderful to know that there are so many caring people out there.

A further update on Thomas.

Thomas had scans last week. He is officially in remission.
We are ecstatic but cautious. This cancer has a high relapse rate.

One more treatment to go then regular scans and blood tests for the rest of his life.
Fingers crossed that should be it.
It really is the best news we could have hoped for.

Thomas is full of beans like any 4 year old should be.
Eats like a horse and slowly slowly putting weight on.
Hair growing back too.

It is wonderful to have our little man getting back to how he was.

Best news I've heard in a long time mate. He's got the best supportive family a kid can have, and with that much positive energy around him some is sure to rub off. Let him know the whole forum wishes him happiness.

Cheers Wal.

Great News Rod, hope he continues to recover back to good health & enjoy life as any little man should .
Pete

Great news Rod for 2014 he will only go uphill now.
All my best wishes for your young Grand Son.
TheSmithy

Great news Rod for 2014 he will only go uphill now.
All my best wishes for your young Grand Son.
TheSmithy
I'm so pleased I hit submit a second time.

Latest posts