Western Australia (WA) Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shakergt said:
RM Outback said:
Nightjar said:
MB,
That sounds a familiar cry in our household. :lol:
Scrambling for the Doona last night, weather is crazy.
Another very cool night approaching.

Hopefully the cooler nights are where the fires are it'll do wonders for control effects.

Yep 42 yesterday and there I was on the back of a fire truck fighting one. Thank goodness we got onto it quick and it did not take hold.

:fire: :fire: :fire:
good on you mate, thank you for your bravery, more 40s coming soon i see

keep the fluids up!

Yep, the suns got a burn about it this year thats for sure. But as we get older we dont swim every hour or so like we use too, so our core temps are all screwed up. I remember days well into the 40's 40 years ago, that aint new. I lived in WA, played golf each Saturday, was well into the 40's most summer Saturday's, good 19th holes over there :)

I think that section was closed only a week or two ago due to a bush fires.
Yes couple weeks ago I was heading to Cue , But after checking the 🔥 emergency apps' for VIC SA WA . Waited 2 days before leaving . Makka got stuck wait day & half .
Was hoping to head back over Saturday but 🌧️ rain & Flood . Now I will have to hold off a couple weeks 🥺 with commitments in VIC . Next trip Truck Excavator & caravan straight to our Lease 😃

It's shaping up as a difficult year for anybody who's planning to visit the WA goldfields over the cooler months. From top to bottom, the whole of the eastern side of the state is getting hit by this extraordinary rain event.

Even when the band of torrential rain (an "atmospheric river" they're calling it!), finally moves away, the unsealed roads will be impassable for a while. But on the bright side, it should be an exceptionally good season for specking, panning and wildflowers.

Meanwhile, here in Perth, it's months since we saw any meaningful rain, but unfortunately there's no gold.

Latest posts