Western Australia (WA) Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Back on line after a couple of days off after my internet antenna ended up out in the paddock.

Two tornados in two days. Yesterdays one started forming right above the homestead but luckily made ground a few klms away. The one the day before was almost a direct hit and I'm surprised we're still here.

Then hail stones the size of lemons, about an inch of rain in under 10 minutes, some of the wickedest lightning I've ever seen and now about 5 fires burning around the place.

Went and did a welfare check on a family of 8 living in a coaster bus on a mine site, very shaken but okay. It took well over 2 hours to travel the 50 klms due to flooded roads and downed trees etc.
They are on a hill top with outstanding 360 degree views that stretch for miles and got a front row seat to some of the wildest weather they've ever seen.

To top it all off, while walking through mud to chain a tree fallen across a track, I blew a damn thong! :N:

Glad your OK tho Madtuna ,

Not good about the thing tho...size 9 I would think...

Goody :)

Glad you got through it ok Mr tuna :Y:
Might be a good time to put in a request with your kids for a new pair of work thongs for Christmas. :D

oh phew i instantly had an awful vision of mt running around in one of those other thongs it was pink but im glad its been clarified to work thongs
Pagan P :lol: :playful:

Ditch the thongs :Y: your feet will harden up. Sounds like an interesting event that put the wind up a few.

finally getting a start to winter rain here ... yet to see how far inland it goes & if the wheatbelt gets much of anything useful
1559814656_wa_rain.jpg

shakergt said:
It's incredible to think today we also had one of the busiest fire days for the year with over 70 fires and a total fire ban in winter. Hopefully it gets out into the wheat belt where it is desperately needed.

I think that you will find that the total fire ban is only for the South West region of WA. None issued for our area here in Sandstone Meekathara and quite a lot of other areas.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts